Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
samariah

motives for eating well

i'm just curious. how many of you eat very healthy only for good skin and would eat the standard american diet if your skin remained clear and how many of you eat healthy because you feel the benefits go far beyond having clear skin. i know some people who eat well and once they clear up go back to eating junk and sometimes bc they have healed their bodies and their bodies are better able to get rid of junk, etc they dont get bad acne in return or it is less severe. other people make it a complete lifestyle change and aren't constantly thinking of ways they can incorporate junk food into their diet without breaking out.

for me i think having acne from poor diet is almost a gift in disguise. yes i have to eat very heatlhy to have nice skin but as a result i will have much greater interior health, more energy, clearer thinking and i will just feel good in general. i know that if my skin stayed clear eating junk, that i would have a much harder time staying motivated to eat well a lot of the time. anyone else feel the same?

Well me lol

I only eat brown rice a day , apples

sometime eggs with onion in the morning.

gonna start buying veggies next time i go shopping , gonna tell my parents to buy them for me lol

but now i stay away from my favorite food :( when i see it I Just wanna eat it!! lol but i can't ^^

in a month or 2 i will let you know if i get break out from eating good foods.

not junk ^^

i shoulda of do that long time ago , now i got scars.. argh. lol

Well me lol

gonna start buying veggies next time i go shopping , gonna tell my parents to buy them for me lol

but now i stay away from my favorite food :( when i see it I Just wanna eat it!! lol but i can't ^^

not junk ^^

Well me lol

not junk ^^

well eating a good diet should help heal your scars in time. :) i have a good bit of scars even though my acne is greatly greatly improved that are going to take some time to heal.

yeah, good diet, to me, is healthy, whole foods. eating lots of fruits, veggies, legumes, some whole grains if you can tolerate them. if you eat animal products that includes eggs, fish, healthy meats. a healthy diet also includes proper preparation methods. this means boiling, steaming, stir frying or baking at lower temps and not deep frying or char grilling, etc. there are also other methods for preparing foods such as sprouting, fermenting, blending, etc that make those foods much healthier and provide much more nutrition for your body.

Hey EddieE, i read in your signature that you cleanse 4 times a day.

This is probably too much and you shoulc limit it to two times at most.

Just my opinion

i eat so bad, like fast food 2-3 times a day and alot of diet soda. i never really cared about health cuz i felt good and never get fat. but my skin does suck so im going to try no fast food or sweets for a while see if it helps, if not ill probly go back haha

i eat so bad, like fast food 2-3 times a day and alot of diet soda. i never really cared about health cuz i felt good and never get fat

Couldn't agree more with the above post. That also pertains to adequate hydration and water intake. You will all find it amazing how good you feel physically and mentally with adequate water intake!

I dunno. I have always been a strong advocate of healthy living, and would probably continue to do so even if my face cleared up. Eating shit makes me feel like shit. :)

I dunno. I have always been a strong advocate of healthy living, and would probably continue to do so even if my face cleared up. Eating shit makes me feel like shit. :)

I only became aware of my diet when I got acne really. So if I never had acne, I would be eating badly. If I cleared up tomorrow, I would still eat healthily but have some treats like chocolate or a cake every week or something. I wouldn't worry so much about it but I would still be 90% healthy.

I only became aware of my diet when I got acne really. So if I never had acne, I would be eating badly. If I cleared up tomorrow, I would still eat healthily but have some treats like chocolate or a cake every week or something. I wouldn't worry so much about it but I would still be 90% healthy.