Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

How can I add more calories?

I'm trying to gain weight... how can I add more calories to my diet without adding CRAP to it.... I eat EXTREMELY healthy.... no dairy, barely any wheat....lots of fruits and veggies.... I dont eat much meat.... I'm not the biggest fan of it... but am willing to eat more if it's goign to help..... thanks dudes and dudettes :).

I'm trying to gain weight... how can I add more calories to my diet without adding CRAP to it.... I eat EXTREMELY healthy.... no dairy, barely any wheat....lots of fruits and veggies.... I dont eat much meat.... I'm not the biggest fan of it... but am willing to eat more if it's goign to help..... thanks dudes and dudettes :).

Meat is an easy way to add calories. Protein helps you lose fat stored in your body, so it will also help you to become leaner (but you won't lose unhealthy weight). Also, don't worry about how much you weigh, just worry about how good you look. If you look too skinny, then start eating more.

Aside from adding meat, you could also add more starchy vegetables like potatoes. And also you could eat more bananas and starchy fruits.

Meat is probably the easiest and healthiest way to add more calories that won't just go straight to fat, and will increase muscle mass (if you are female, you won't get bulky so don't worry about looking man-like).

Before I started going Paleo, or Paleo-like, I was not real skinny, but I did not have a ton of muscle tone. After doing it and exercising I developed very good muscle tone. I have not been exercising at all for over a month, and very minimally for a month before that, and I still have decent muscle tone and look lean ( very little fat, but not really skinny). I am convinced it is because of all of the protein I eat.

if you dont like meat ( i personally dont like it at all) then some good plant sources of protien and or fat are:

tempeh

hempseed

pumpkin seeds

peanut butter/nut butters/seed butters

sprouted seeds

coconut

lentils, sprouted even better

try making a smoothie with lots of protein in it like hempseeds or some kind of nut/seed butter and then add bananas and other higher carb fruits. you can add coconut milk as a base. this combination of healthy fats and carbs should help you gain weight.

Well for me more calories = more acne :(. I said that i suspected it in my post a while ago, and now i'm 99% unhappy it's true. If i eat too much in one meal, or too much overall per day - bam acne. If i eat like i'm dieting (same foods, just less) virtually no acne (if i cut out the exercise i believe i would be acne free!). Of course i can't diet forever, and i've been trying to bulk up (it's the reason my acne came back when i had got it to nearly clear).

My gluten free/dairy free diet was very good for acne, because cutting those out reduced a lot of poorly digested calories and reduced the amount of calories i was eating (because i replaced them with lower calorie options). I guess my digestive system can't cope like other peoples, and like the rest of my family.

I don't think eating lots of protein will help you gain muscle unless your lifting weights at the same time, your body won't add to muscle mass just by eating protein (otherwise every couch potato in the world could just eat nothing but lots of burgers and grow huge muscles). I think Ketosis is the reason why strict paleo followers have less fat - basically your body's starved of making cheap energy from dirty carbs and has to use the liver to extract glycerol from fat and unless you have a very high fat diet, your body struggles to extract enough so it uses up stored fat, making your hidden muscles underneath more visible. Everyone has muscles, we all have a 6 pack of some form, but we can't see the trees for the wood, so to speak. I don't follow paleo or keto or any of the fad diets, but i've been making my own custom diet - which still sucks, and probably has issues long term, just the same as any of those diets, but mine is for poor digestion, improving acne & muscle growth.

As for gaining weight, how much weight do you want to gain? The best thing to do is use a calorie calculator to figure out how many calories you need to maintain, then work out how many extra calories you need a day, and split them across your meals. It's usually easy to add something like a tablespoon of olive oil to bulk a meal out with calories, but you should try to maintain a balance of protein/carbs/fat your happy with. Just keep exercising, and eat reasonably well and simply add enough calories to gain weight safely and steady. One other thing is it might be handy to take some digestive enzymes to help digest more nutrients, and split your daily food calories into more than 3 meals (4 is better, 5/6 is good if possible) - this should help you assimilate more of the food you eat.

Daily Need Calculator

Drink meal supplement drinks to complement your meal or snack on. Do not use this as a meal replacement! I'm referring to Ensure or Boost. Added calories and gives you vitamins and nutrients. It's intended for a meal replacement, because of the calories.

Meat is an easy way to add calories. Protein helps you lose fat stored in your body, so it will also help you to become leaner (but you won't lose unhealthy weight). Also, don't worry about how much you weigh, just worry about how good you look. If you look too skinny, then start eating more.

Aside from adding meat, you could also add more starchy vegetables like potatoes. And also you could eat more bananas and starchy fruits.

Meat is probably the easiest and healthiest way to add more calories that won't just go straight to fat, and will increase muscle mass (if you are female, you won't get bulky so don't worry about looking man-like).

Before I started going Paleo, or Paleo-like, I was not real skinny, but I did not have a ton of muscle tone. After doing it and exercising I developed very good muscle tone. I have not been exercising at all for over a month, and very minimally for a month before that, and I still have decent muscle tone and look lean ( very little fat, but not really skinny). I am convinced it is because of all of the protein I eat.

I think eggs break me out :(..... why would they do this??? I LOVE eggs.................