Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ashD

I dont think the Regimen is working for me...

ok well i started to regimen about a month and a half ago and for a couple of weeks is was working well. But all of a sudden my skin started to get really really dry. Currently, I am breaking out again all over my neck and i never broke out this much before! i mostly had problems on my chin but now im getting big cysts on my neck. I haven't changed anything and used the products recommended for the regimen. my skin is flaky right now and i have to really really moisturize my skin and during the day it will be partly oily and another part super dry. I basically stopped the regimen, maybe its not for me, or my skin just sucks.

anyone got any opinions or ideas of whats happening?

thanks,

ashley

Breakouts, even unusually severe onces, are pretty standard with adjusting to BP as you still seem to be, as are sudden bouts of dryness. The way to get back on track is to use a little less BP for a while, perhaps even just once a day for a week or so, and to moisturize more aggressively (better moisturizer more often, jojoba oil, perhaps an AHA lotion once a day). Once you get your skin tolerating large amounts of BP without so many dryness problems, then you'll be able to use those large amounts more consistently and clear up.