Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dwood

I'd like to hear your opinions. (Now with pictures, please look)

I've been curious of this for a while so I figured I would ask it on here, since we're all going through the same thing. Do girls really care if a guy has a few pimples on his forehead, or breaks out on his cheeks? My acne is so mild that I probably shouldn't even care, but I still break out and it bothers me like crazy. Everyone I spend time with has perfect or close to perfect skin, and they don't even know how lucky they are. Then again, I've got myself in great shape, but I feel that a few scattered pimples here and there are holding me back from a lot of opportunities in life. The girls I hang out with are very cute, but I feel that there will never be that certain level of attraction from them, because of a few spots.

So.. what do you guys think? I'm sure we've all dated some cute girls with great personalities, I know I have, but it's been a while.

The first pictures were taken today, during this breakout I got. The other picture is from 2 weeks ago, my skin looked really good. Take a look.

post-59339-1194317657_thumb.jpg

post-59339-1194317672_thumb.jpg

post-59339-1194317806_thumb.jpg

post-59339-1194317657_thumb.jpg

post-59339-1194317672_thumb.jpg

post-59339-1194317806_thumb.jpg

choose a girl that's not perfect. just cute, pretty. if she's a bit chubby, or has pimples of her own, chances are she won't expect her mate to be perfect either.

on the other hand: if she's one of those tall, slim, big haired, hollow headed, make-up wearing, brand whore, high-maintenence (sp?), fussy, negative, evil, "omg what is that on your face" type of girls, then i assume they probably wouldn't want their boyfriend to have pimples.

The cute girls are definitely my type. All of the girls I spend time around are very cute, with really good personalities... can you believe that? I've probably just put myself in the friend zone because I tell myself, "she'll never see me as anything more because of pimples." Isn't that a lame excuse? Yes, I know. Being 23 and still having them gets annoying, as we all know.

I gotta stop thinking, "why would she want me, when she can have this dude with perfect everything?" It's not how I used to be, that's for sure. My last gf must of put a damper on my confidence.

I've been curious of this for a while so I figured I would ask it on here, since we're all going through the same thing. Do girls really care if a guy has a few pimples on his forehead, or breaks out on his cheeks? My acne is so mild that I probably shouldn't even care, but I still break out and it bothers me like crazy. Everyone I spend time with has perfect or close to perfect skin, and they don't even know how lucky they are. Then again, I've got myself in great shape, but I feel that a few scattered pimples here and there are holding me back from a lot of opportunities in life. The girls I hang out with are very cute, but I feel that there will never be that certain level of attraction from them, because of a few spots.

So.. what do you guys think? I'm sure we've all dated some cute girls with great personalities, I know I have, but it's been a while.

A nice, mature, kind, considerate girl won't care about a breakout. She'll see beyond that to the personality, intelligence, humor, whatever part of your personality you yourself like the best. Emphasize the best aspects of yourself. Someone who doesn't like it; well pfft you don't need them anyway.

I wouldn't worry about that acne at all. I don't even notice it. If you are with a girl that has issues with your skin then that is not the girl you want to be with anyway. There are plenty of great girls out there with the total package and not going to even think twice about your skin.

PS - if you're self conscious about your skin in the state its in now then I don't know how I should react being in a long term relationship and unwilling to put any pics of my acne because I would start crying

Girls have acne also but somehow you probably can't see it because of our makeup which can cover up mild acne quite well. Even people with good complexions have breakouts sometimes. So those cute girls you see most likely have breakouts also, no one is that perfect. If they have really good personalities, they won't even bother about it.

Seriously I don't really bother whether a guy has acne or not unless its severe or prominent. In fact I find that guys with a little imperfection on their skin more charming that those who have flawless skin. Too flawless= a little sissy to me. I somehow also like seeing plaster on a guy's face. :redface:

You do look fine to me anyway.

Well hey, thanks Madeline, I appreciate it. Ahh, acne, such a horrible thing. I just noticed, all of the girls I spend time with have perfect skin. At least it seems that way, maybe they don't, ha. I'm just going to stop worrying about it. Or try.

Well hey, thanks Madeline, I appreciate it. Ahh, acne, such a horrible thing. I just noticed, all of the girls I spend time with have perfect skin. At least it seems that way, maybe they don't, ha. I'm just going to stop worrying about it. Or try.

Yeah, I'm going to try not to. It just makes you wonder sometimes. All of the girls I hang around, I make them laugh, they always seem to want to be around me, and whatever else.

Define confidence in your opinion though? I'm very confident. I know what I'm good at in life, what I'm not so good at, but I constantly try my best at whatever it is I may be going for. I always believe that I'm putting my best foot forward.

Who knows though, maybe I'm missing the main point?

Honestly, no most girls I know and in my personal opinion, girls do not care about mild acne, mainly because most people have some kind of skin problem, and if you don't your lucky.

Yeah, I'm going to try not to. It just makes you wonder sometimes. All of the girls I hang around, I make them laugh, they always seem to want to be around me, and whatever else.

Define confidence in your opinion though? I'm very confident. I know what I'm good at in life, what I'm not so good at, but I constantly try my best at whatever it is I may be going for. I always believe that I'm putting my best foot forward.

Who knows though, maybe I'm missing the main point?

I dont mind if a guy has acne if he has a sparkling personality shining through. There is more to a person than what they look like. In fact, I like it when guys have acne because that means we can relate to each other

Thanks for the responses. Maybe I'll actually try to look at things a little differently moving forward. Other opinions are still welcome.