Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
letsplay

steak and eggs + diet pepsi

does anyone know if eating steak/eggs/refried beans is bad for acne?

also i heard alot about drinking soda is bad, is drinking only diet soda bad for acne too? thx

Steak and eggs are great, just don't fry them in rancid vegetable oil, use butter,coconut oil or animal fat instead.

Refried beans not so much.. alot of people get problems from legumes, they are generally very difficult to digest.

The soda is probably not a very good idea.

I eat eggs every morning now .. i am going to add veggies to it , heard is good.

I also need something good to drink.... that doesn't have sugars.

All i drink is water when i eat.. >_>

but yeah avoid sodas , i should drink sodas everyday before... "sunkist"

I loved it... never gives me break out though but imma stop to be safe :D

Drinking diet soda is not a good, healthy choice. There are a lot of studies that indicate that aspartame can cause problems.

Also, the caramel colouring (in colas - both regular and diet) has been indicated in studies to increase insulin resistence in cells.

Soda should be avoided in general and treated like candy.

Steak and eggs are great, just don't fry them in rancid vegetable oil, use butter,coconut oil or animal fat instead.

Worst advice ever.

Butter and coconut oil have very low smoking point and they deteriorate at very low temperature. The better fat to stir-fry or cook something is olive oil because it is the only which resists that highest possible temperatures without deteriorations.

That being saying frying is unhealthy in spite of the oil you use.

Frying meat especially denaturates the proteins and form toxic ammines.

Grilling is even worse (foreman anyone?)

Refried beans not so much.. alot of people get problems from legumes, they are generally very difficult to digest.

Worst advice ever.

Butter and coconut oil have very low smoking point and they deteriorate at very low temperature. The better fat to stir-fry or cook something is olive oil because it is the only which resists that highest possible temperatures without deteriorations.

Not a lot just some but the body do get used to beans and in spite of what people believe our ability to process the more indigestible carbs improve as we make an habit to eat legumes.

Legumes are among the healthiest food on this planet and way healthier than many stuff paleoguys eat. Even with a months search you'll never find any kind of clinical trial or epidemiological study showing adverse effects due to bean consumption. On the contrary as an isolated factor beans consumption is linked to increased longevity, less cancer marks, decreased inflammation, better immunity and improve lipid profiles. The percentage of extra cancer incidence was directly proportional to the percentage of beans consumption.

Only another food has been shown to posses such a powerful health promoting potential: cabbages. In spite of those that say that phytochemicals are toxins the body excretes every methodological sound study on this planet shown that phytochemical as the only isolated factor have an unbelievable health impact on the body which nothing else has.

Worst advice ever.

I'm impressed with his ability to process all that information. He probably knows more about nutrition than a lot of the professionals out there.

I thought he was in his 20s as well.

Worst advice ever.

Not a lot just some but the body do get used to beans and in spite of what people believe our ability to process the more indigestible carbs improve as we make an habit to eat legumes.

Legumes are among the healthiest food on this planet and way healthier than many stuff paleoguys eat. Even with a months search you'll never find any kind of clinical trial or epidemiological study showing adverse effects due to bean consumption. On the contrary as an isolated factor beans consumption is linked to increased longevity, less cancer marks, decreased inflammation, better immunity and improve lipid profiles. The percentage of extra cancer incidence was directly proportional to the percentage of beans consumption.

Only another food has been shown to posses such a powerful health promoting potential: cabbages. In spite of those that say that phytochemicals are toxins the body excretes every methodological sound study on this planet shown that phytochemical as the only isolated factor have an unbelievable health impact on the body which nothing else has.

Worst advice ever.

It is no wonder you can eat healthy with little social consequence. Italian people generally eat more fruits and veggies and healthy food than people in the U.S. do anyway. Italian people generally cook more too.

I guess it would not really matter what country you are from, because the U.S. is pretty much the laziest nation of them all. Almost everybody here lives on fast food, and processed food. Especially for lunch. Almost nobody makes their own lunch. Everyone I know goes out to eat for lunch.

Danny, have you watched the show "You Are What You Eat" on BBC? I love that show.

Also, my dad's side was from Italy, Campo del Basso? I love pasta e fagiole, yummmm....

It is no wonder you can eat healthy with little social consequence. Italian people generally eat more fruits and veggies and healthy food than people in the U.S. do anyway. Italian people generally cook more too.

I guess it would not really matter what country you are from, because the U.S. is pretty much the laziest nation of them all. Almost everybody here lives on fast food, and processed food. Especially for lunch. Almost nobody makes their own lunch. Everyone I know goes out to eat for lunch.

While what you say is true, bigger cities even in Italy have been americanized in the last ten years. So in a metropolis like Milan or Turin you see a lot of fast paced life, people who have their lunch in some McDonald or KingBurger instead of going back at home, giant malls full of mostly junk foods and pre-cooked stuff and people whose lunch and dinner consist of microwaved hamburgers and pop-corn with butter. We have place called Warner Villages were people basically live the whole day. First they go at the fast food, then at the arcade, then at the bowling, then at the sweet-distributors and eventually at the theater. In those cities outdoor activities and contact with the nature are not "in" anymore and people take their car even if they just need to reach a place which is 300 meters away. What you say about U.S. may be true but the problem is that U.S. are exporting their lifestyle (and consequent problems including sickness, depression, consumism, alienation) everywhere.

I think that corporations in the U.S. have always tried to export their shitty lifestyle, but it is only in more recent years that other countries are accepting it. There are many people in my family that are from Germany, or live there, or have lived there, and even though Germany isn't a pinnacle of health, they are way better than America on a number of levels.

Danny,

I had no idea you are from Italy! For some reason, I always thought you were from England. You express yourself very well. Not only do you use good English, but you are extremely articulate. It's amazing that you are only 16. Your knowledge about health never ceases to amaze me, and even regardless of health, you seem to be wise beyond your years. It's so wonderful how you use your knowledge to help others. I'm always happy to come across your posts. You are a huge asset to the boards. :)

i thought coconut oil was very stable at higher heats? i've read that from a bunch of different places. i thought it was due to the high proportion of saturated fats.

i thought coconut oil was very stable at higher heats? i've read that from a bunch of different places. i thought it was due to the high proportion of saturated fats.