Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys,

So today I woke up, took a shower, still on my regimen and about 95 percent clear as of now ;). However that wasn't the only thing I noticed. It has been 7 months since my nightmare with retin-A ended and sometimes I wake up and I pinch myself repeatedly, trying to snap myself out of what could only be described as a perpetual nightmare. My redmarks have faded on my left cheek but on my right I still have some dark spots and they aren't fading fast enough. Before all of that I had used BPO successfully but dryness was a problem, my derms wouldn't give me accutane because it wasn't "severe" enough and nothing else had measured up to the sheer power of BPO, I still broke out occassionally but I was, in retrospect, doing quite alright. I decided to try Retin-A at .025 percent. A month later my face looked like a tony's pizza, the bane of existence was everyday and no one could solve the problem for me, it was simply awful. But here I am, clear, but marked with unpleasant colors...had an IPL and it helped a little bit...been doing chemical peels that also helped but less...So to my AV brothers and sistas my advice is not to be tricked into becoming a "globetrotter". In other words if you find something that works stick with it, despite that it may have one or two side effects because retin-A has really put me in a hole trying to come up with a solution for these pesky marks. It's way easier to just moisturize and continue on DKR (if you are doing that) then to spend a FORTUNE on microdermabrasion, IPL or any other treatments. Take it from me, that's all.