Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnehate10

Differin and Redmarks

Supposedly retinoids can help with discoloration. However, I don't know how much they really help red marks. I don't think the Differin is really helping mine at all. I've been on Differin 5 months now, the first month wasn't every day though. The research I did said improvement with wrinkles and skin texture can be noted at 3-4 months, but improvement in discoloration takes about a year.

I think from personal experience that retin-A is quite effective at making new skin grow and giving you a glow over a long period of time. Combined with HQ it's quite tough to withstand but the results are very good, but you'd need to sunscreen whenever you go out no matter how dark it seems to be outside. Differin is just a milder form of retin-A, it's most likely going to help speed up skin renew to a certain extent but where your red marks are may be deeper than how far retin-A is going to penetrate. Retin-A/Differin can help but you have to commit to it, takes a long time before you see much results, if anything.

I think from personal experience that retin-A is quite effective at making new skin grow and giving you a glow over a long period of time. Combined with HQ it's quite tough to withstand but the results are very good, but you'd need to sunscreen whenever you go out no matter how dark it seems to be outside. Differin is just a milder form of retin-A, it's most likely going to help speed up skin renew to a certain extent but where your red marks are may be deeper than how far retin-A is going to penetrate. Retin-A/Differin can help but you have to commit to it, takes a long time before you see much results, if anything.

Thanks for the info bro.

I've been on differin 0.3 gel (as opposed to the 0.1) for months and it has not helped redmarks. If it did then it's certainly not apparent. Maybe I'll get lucky if I keep using it for another yr?