Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stu

Need help!

Hi

i have had mild acne since i was 12. BUT when i was 17 my acne began to clear up and have had very few problems over the next three years ( iam now 20). However, over the past five months i have seen my acne worsen considerably and it has really affected me, i have a few ideas why this may have happened:

- when i had a breakout ( i get them very occasionally) i applied a huge amount of BP (10%) to my skin, sometimes as much as 7-8 times a day! for a short period i was even using 25% BP!

- picking and squeezing of spots

These two points may seen very obvious, but i just want to make sure, ive have now stop using these products for about 2 weeks and switched to only using natural products on my skin.

However 2 weeks on and i am still breaking out and i dont know why.

My questions are:

is what ive being using on my skin been causing my acne to worsen?

how long does it take for acne to appear?

will my breakouts stop and do i just have to be patient now ive stop using these harsh products?

Many Thanks

Stu

Thats a lot'o times to put bp on your face. 10% is very harsh. Im glad you stopped doing that lol

It can take a month to three months for a product to kick in and start working so just be patient with your products. Youre probably breaking out because your skin is aggrevated from that bp you used and now youre purging from the new products youre using. Just be patient and hopefully, your acne will improve

Thats a lot'o times to put bp on your face. 10% is very harsh. Im glad you stopped doing that lol

It can take a month to three months for a product to kick in and start working so just be patient with your products. Youre probably breaking out because your skin is aggrevated from that bp you used and now youre purging from the new products youre using. Just be patient and hopefully, your acne will improve

[/quot

Cool thanks, thats great to know. My skin is quite sensitive so any harsh products i think are a no no! i wasnt using BP on my skin before this and my skin had hardly any acne, so i think i shall go back to my old routine! thanks again