Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jack Bauer

Moisturizer that helps fight acne?

First of all, my acne isn't bad. I get a few pimples here and there on my cheeks and that's it, but my main problem is that I get very dry skin after washing my face with Cetaphil's liquid cleanser. I'm using Neutragena's For Men Face Lotion (which has a cologne like scent), and that usually works but now since it's getting colder, my face tends to get dry still.

So my question is what's a really good moisturzier that isn't greasy and could actually help fight acne?

Thanks for your time!

Generally, acne treatments are more effective if you use a seperate treatment product and just a regular, non-comedogenic moisturizer. Often when they try to blend treatment ingredients with moisturizer formulations, it reduces the effectiveness of the acne treatment ingredients. A better plan would be to find a seperate acne treatment product (BHAs. AHAs, BP, etc) and use that maybe in the evening, and then use the moisturizer during the day. Or put the treatment product on, give it a chance to absorb (15-20 min) and then apply your moisturizer.

One possible exception - some people have had good results from alpha-hydroxy lotion. If you want to try that, it is available at most drug stores. You could use that once a day and the Nivea Men's at the other time of day if they alpha hydroxy isn't hydrating enough.