Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andymcl2000

Went to dermatologist

Ok, so i went to the Dermatologist last Thursday (Oct. 25th) so i guess its two Thursdays ago...whatever. I was fed up with the nonexistent results from everything OTC i tried.

He put me on Duac for the morning, and Tazorac .5% in the evening. For Tazorac, i wash my face with cetaphil, then put moisturizer on, then Tazorac. In the morning, i wash my face, then put Duac on, then put moisturizer on...can i do that the other way? Moisturize, then Duac? Because my face is VERY dry after i cleanse it, then still dry and flaky around my mouth through the day, will this dryness go away eventually? I have never had dry skin like this before.

Thanks for any help, i know that was long and random.

Whats with this smily? :boohoo: is he the "I'm playing the worlds smallest violin smily"

i wonder if it would work to apply jojoba oil before the duac? i think some people on the DKR use jojoba before bp to help with flakiness.

i think the smiley is supposed to be playing melodramatic violin music to accompany our tales of frustration and woe. :)

You gotta get used it.

I think..?

my face was a bit dry when i first time used proactiv solution

=\ i still use that and my face is always smooth.

I don't think it matters if you will use a moisturizer first. I would just wait 10+ minutes for the moisturizer to be absorbed and then apply the Duac. You just want to make sure you apply a good layer of that Duac for it to penetrate the layer of moisturizer. But don't use too much.

i was using the tazarac for my red marks, and it didnt even help a bit all it did was made my scar area skin to pink, so my skin color looked differnet

I have used tazorac before, and it was a nightmare! I was told to use it for my stretch marks, and I used it for a few weeks and it did so much damage to my skin, it was extremely red, dry and raw it literally peeled my skin, I would never use it again, I was also supposed to apply it to my pimples on my face but after my experience with it on my body I decided to not use it.

If it continues to make your skin dry, I would reccomend going to the dermatologist and asking for something milder.

Thanks for all the advice, they have me "cerave" moisturizer, and i use cerave hydrating cleanser...which doesnt really hydrate.

Another thing, my skin is only really dry in the morning, like at night when i cleanse my face, it doesn't get too dry. I take my showers in the morning, could this have anything to do with it?