Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wil Weezy

Aqua Glycolic Cleanser

Can i subtitute the Dan's cleanser with Aqua Glycolic Cleanser because i hav a lot of red marks and despartly want to get rid of them.

and i heard Aqua Glycolic cleanser works pretty well with red makrs. True?

It works well for redmarks but broke me out after a month...I havent had a breakout like that in a long time so i got off it. But this is just my personnal experience...I cant answer your first question but yes, its effective for redmarks. GOODLUCK!

mmm glycolic is for red marks

dan's cleanser is for breakouts.

The two chemicals are glycolic acid and benzyol peroxide 2.5%

Just my 2 cents here but,

I am currently on pro-activ and im going to finish using this product before i move onto regimen

I looked up carefully on the ingredients used in this 3 step kit pro-activ

cleanser has 2.5% BP works for calming your acne

Toner has Glycolic Acid works for clearing red marks

Repairing Lotion has yet again 2.5% BP and works for preventing breakouts

many people complain its too expensive and it doesn't work, it only depends if your skin can handle it.

You are basically putting 2.5% bp twice on your face making people with sensetive skin an major irritation.

For some reason, it is quite working well for me.

anyways good luck

I am currently on pro-activ and im going to finish using this product before i move onto regimen

many people complain its too expensive and it doesn't work, it only depends if your skin can handle it.

You are basically putting 2.5% bp twice on your face making people with sensetive skin an major irritation.

anyways good luck

I've been using Aqua Glycolic for about 6-8 weeks now on the regimen with Dans BP and Lac-Hydrin 5 moisturizer. It's worked well for me, nothing reovlutionary but it has improved my red marks and hasn't broke me out. I also like the feel after I use it.

Go for it.

I'd recommend against using the Aqua Glycolic cleanser. For the amount of time that it spends on your skin, it wouldn't really have as much of an effect as something you leave on. You'd probably do better to use an AHA moisturizer, which would stay on your skin instead of being rinsed down the drain like a cleanser would. Perhaps you could try LacHydrin 5 or (my favourite) Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion.

I should mention that I would recommend that you've already been using the Regimen for a month or so before adding an AHA product because it can sting a bit, frankly and might be too irritating right off the bat.

Cam >B)

anyways good luck

I'd recommend against using the Aqua Glycolic cleanser. For the amount of time that it spends on your skin, it wouldn't really have as much of an effect as something you leave on. You'd probably do better to use an AHA moisturizer, which would stay on your skin instead of being rinsed down the drain like a cleanser would. Perhaps you could try LacHydrin 5 or (my favourite) Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion.

I should mention that I would recommend that you've already been using the Regimen for a month or so before adding an AHA product because it can sting a bit, frankly and might be too irritating right off the bat.

I use GA cleanser and my moistutizer has AHA. Doesn't sting or irritate me, but I should note that I have been on the regimen for about 18-20 months so my skin might be more desensitized.

If you want to start with just an AHA moisturizer I'd reccomend Lac Hydrin 5. Best (reasonably priced) moisturizer I've ever used. Works great for dry skin and flakiness (believe me, I live in Arizona and its as dry here as it about anywhere in America so a mositurizer that takes care of dryness is a necessity). It also has the AHA which is a nice bonus.

^^ o ite good to know didn't know dat thanks.

Let me rephrase my q now.

Can i use GA cleanser AND AHA as my motriziter with the regimen at da same time?

YOu could, but if you have sensitive skin, good luck. All three products (GA cleanser, BP, and AHA lotion) would kill your skin. Theres no time for it to heal itself and form new skin cells because you would constantly be stripping them off. So id advice against it. Maybe you can do that once a week or something, but for now just pick one.