Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
canadagirl

STAY AWAY FROM MICRODERMABRASION!!!!!

if you have active acne and are thinking of getting microdermabrasion PLEASE STAY AWAY. i had moderate acne and was desperate to get something done. I got so caught up and was soooo desperate i ended up paying around 2000 dollars for products and a microdermabrasion package which included the microdermabrasion, a light therapy and some electric current therapy (i still dont know what it was) anyways because of the treatment i now have depressed scars and ice pick scars which magically appeard after 5 treatments. my acne got WORSE because i was told after by a derm that it actually spreads the acne....this treatment was done by a esthitician and a family friend who was money hungry and didnt really care about my face. SO PLEASE SEE A DOCTOR/DERMATOLOGIST i regret everything i did i would rather have my acne rather then all these depressed scars:(

Microdermabrasion can indeed exacerbate active acne, both inflammatory and comedonal (this depends more on the experience of the practitioner as well) but it cannot cause indented scarring as it is just exfoliative in nature. It is not deep enough.

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. :( What are you using now to help recover? Retin A is terrific to help remodel some scarring, particularly minor scarring. I'd recommend the gel over the liquid or the cream.

Microdermabrasion can indeed exacerbate active acne, both inflammatory and comedonal (this depends more on the experience of the practitioner as well) but it cannot cause indented scarring as it is just exfoliative in nature. It is not deep enough.

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. :( What are you using now to help recover? Retin A is terrific to help remodel some scarring, particularly minor scarring. I'd recommend the gel over the liquid or the cream.

well from my experience, because she was basicly scratching off my zits and making them worse, it has left me indents. ive had acne for almost 7 years now and never had ANY indents or depressed scars till after my treatments with her. maybe she didnt know what she was doing. i have no idea what to use to recover because i have an olive skin tone color im scared to get anything done such as chemical peels etc. never really thought of using Retin A maybe i should look into that.

Doesn't surprise me, all they care about is your money, they don't give a shit about your skin.

Honey pie, bypassing a suspension just buys you a longer one. Bye bye.