Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xcorex

Can someone QUICKLY answer this?

Can I use Retin-A Micro as a spot treatment? I think if I apply it in the areas that I have some acne in, and not all over my face, my cheeks won't be so red.

And I say quickly because it's around the time where I apply it right now, lol.

why are your cheeks red? you gotta rub very gently and make sure you use a pea sized amount and dab it lightly all over your face then rub it in, maybe thatll help the redness. BUT as for a spot treatment I dont know sorry

A side-effect of retin-a is facial redness and dryness, isn't it? If it isn't the retin-a, I don't know what it would be, seeing as how I try and avoid sun exposure as much as possible. I would say I use a pea-sized amount, but my cheeks wouldn't be dry/red if I probably just used it as a spot treatment.

Retin A works better as an allover treatment. Over time, it changes the structure of the skin in a good way; and that's one reason it works so well. It's also exfoliative in nature.

If you want a spot treatment that's antibacterial, try BP or sulfur products. I actually used to use Queen Helene Mint Julep mask as a spot treatment. Once a week or so I use it as a mask; refreshing and pleasant.

I did spot treating and it works :eh:

I was doing a microdermabrasion while using Retin and f'ed my face all up..