Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok.. so i am going to start the Regimen soon and just want to know what works best for y'all? I am going to try the Purpose Bar or wash and the neutragena on-the-spot treatment and than Complex 15 mosituer. I have oily skin and break out alot.... and just wanted to know what are th best drug store products that work well with the Regimen? Thanks!

For drugstore products, I think your best options for a cleanser are Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser for Normal-to-Oily Skin or Purpose Gentle Cleanser. For BP, yeah, it's probably got to be Neutrogena On-the-Spot, which doesn't have a great texture but it's pretty much the only 2.5% BP around in stores that's not bundled in with some Proactiv-esque kit. For moisturizer, Complex 15 Therapeutic Face Cream has been my favorite drugstore moisturizer, but its quite hard to find in drugstores--I've only ever seen it at CVS. You might try Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream or Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion if you can't find it.

I would first like to say that if the Regimen ends up working for you, I would definitely consider buying Dan's products - you can't beat them.

Other than that, I'm with CAKD on cleanser and moisturizer. Cetaphil makes great products and if you have oily skin Cetaphil normal-to-oily is the way to go. The moisturizer might be a bit greasy, but it's the best drugstore moisturizer I've personally ever used. Light blotting with kleenexes will be a godsend.

As far as the BP, I'd like to share an experience I recently had. I went home (from college) and of course, forgot my BP. So I got some Neutrogena OTS and I forgot how much I hated it. It was so bad like I literally could NOT get it to rub in (I also hadn't shaved in a day, which I'm sure was the other half of that bad equation). However, I remembered that my sister had some old Proactiv stuff, so I used that BP and it worked quite well. I had never used it before, but in my opinion that is second only to Dan's as far as BP products. Now I don't know if you can get the BP separate from the other Proactiv products (as I have never tried it), but if you can, go for it. Most people order it online, but I've seen quite a few malls that have Proactiv carts set up (if there's a mall near you that has those carts in the middle of the hallway, look around and you can hopefully find a Proactiv one in which you can buy the BP).

If I'm wrong about all this, then I'm sorry and I've just wasted a lot of your time and mine. lol. But just had to get that out there for all the Proactiv haters - the BP product really isn't THAT bad. It's a hell of a lot better than OTS if you've got nothing else.

P.S. Hi CAKD!

^ I second the proactiv bp recommendation. I've continued using it even after I stopped using the full system because it has a nice texture, is less irritating than the neutrogena bp, and absorbs well. If you can't find a proactiv kiosk at a mall, you can order the products separately on ebay.

for what it's worth, though, i'll probably be ordering dan's bp once i use up my old proactiv bottles.

However, I remembered that my sister had some old Proactiv stuff, so I used that BP and it worked quite well. I had never used it before, but in my opinion that is second only to Dan's as far as BP products. Now I don't know if you can get the BP separate from the other Proactiv products (as I have never tried it), but if you can, go for it. Most people order it online, but I've seen quite a few malls that have Proactiv carts set up (if there's a mall near you that has those carts in the middle of the hallway, look around and you can hopefully find a Proactiv one in which you can buy the BP).

If you can get the Proactiv individually, then I agree, I'd choose Proactiv over On-the-Spot, for sure. But if it will require ordering something off the internet, then you may as well go for Dan's starter kit instead of the drugstore versions. I've used it in a pinch a few times recently too and it's done the trick. It doesn't absorb as nicely as Dan's, though, and I forgot how intense the smell was.

P.S. Hi CAKD!

Hey Gyro, LTNS ;)

If you can get the Proactiv individually, then I agree, I'd choose Proactiv over On-the-Spot, for sure. But if it will require ordering something off the internet, then you may as well go for Dan's starter kit instead of the drugstore versions. I've used it in a pinch a few times recently too and it's done the trick. It doesn't absorb as nicely as Dan's, though, and I forgot how intense the smell was.

Hey Gyro, LTNS ;)

Oh yeah, that's true. That stuff does not absorb at all...lol. BUT it doesn't leave your face WHITE, it just leaves it a bit greasy. I just leave it for awhile and blot (much like with the moisturizer). And yeah, like CAKD said, if you are gonna get it online you might as well get Dan's stuff; it's the best on the planet. No joke.

Yeah, I've been gone for awhile. Who knows how long I'm back for. 'Till things get too busy I guess. Hopefully that doesn't keep me away.