Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AI3forever

My acne scars improve by at least 70-80%?

i have icepick scars and those depressed scars that form shapes( resulting from cystic acne )...

i swear i never had cystic acne before and i do not have much scarring on my face( less you count a few icepicks which i dont really mind )...

Then all of a sudden, a stubborn black spot appeared on my face, i must have used harsh cleaning products and it soon grow in size and i had 3 cystic lumps and acne roseca, took me 3 months to clear them competely( i wished i had visited the derm earlier might have reduced my scarring )I was left with this very unsightly scars which used to be visible even from a moderate-far range...now its only visible up close....

After i got my scars wat i did was to abstain as far as possible from carbonated drinks, oily fried stuff and anything that has preservative or not considered "natural"...I know it sounds crazy that someone can do that... but after i got my scars i was so depressed that i would do ANYTHING to lessen them to far as possible...

also i eat LOTS of vegies and fruits( tomatoes too which contain vit c ) and nuts, i take cod liver oil supplements( heard it helps the skin) and green tea( an antioxidant ) also i try to limit myself from eating refined carbo as it will cause your body to produce more sebum. I apply toner that contains aloe vera gel every night...

Its been 3 months old and my scars are reduced ALOT( cept for icepicks which doesnt change much)...there are still red marks in some and i will wait for them to fully matured before needling them and hopes it adds the final touch to smoothen out my skin...

hope this helps anybody who has recent scars from acne, from what i prove acne scars can improve alot if you put in the effort to do so( but mine were new scars so i donno whether because of that it is easier to heal or what)...