Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
superMachi

For people actually considering suicide

how can you possibly want to end your life for something as minor as acne? how can you throw away the earth, the sun, the air, water, fire, the beauty of a sunset, the fall trees, the sound of the sea, the spring, the rain, your family friends, pets, for acne?

why?, so whatt if it's harder to get a girlfriend? or a boyfriend, so what if you can't be like a model, so fucking what... are you fucking kidding me, im seriously pissed off there are so many suicidals because of stupid fucking acne.

are you disabled? are you homeless? don't your parents have money to help you? you have everything you need, the only problem is that you feel you can't live a social life because of acne right? ok then, tell me, what will the social life give you? friends and bf/gf's? what now just cause you have acne you can't get one? you can't be happy?, are you kidding me? There's ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS a way to find happyness. Im happy aint I? I have no fuckin friend for 5 years, im happy aint i, never had a girlfriend, proabbly never will, why because im shy with or without acne, thus i never talked to people alot and my social skills arent that great, thats my real problem. Acne is just an addon. I know eventhough i dont really have a social life, i can be happy, I can eventually one day not be shy, i know i can. If shyness is getting in the way of a happy life, then yea its a badd thing. and Guess what im happy with myself even when im struggling to beat shyness.

I know most people arent actually considering suicide eventhough they say so.. but just incase you are, wake the fuck up and think.

THis fucking sub-forum turned into an "omg im gonna suicide, please read my thread, im an e-attentionwhore".

Sorry for being so offensive. peace.

I agree, there are alot of other things that are more worse, WE ALL KNOW THAT.

but its hard when you see people everyday that do not have to struggle with pimples!!!!!!!

their face is so clear makes me want to vomit or question why the hell do i have this..

they wake up and dont give their face a second thought.

WE have to wake up and pop zits, put on make up.. SEE our blemishes.. every god damn day.

Im jealous of everyone who I run into that doesnt have any blemishes what so ever, its not fair, WHY DOES GOD HATE ME?? there are tons of people that should have this...

This is the Emotional and Psychological Effects of Acne forum, in which people are going to share the emotional and psychological effects that having acne is putting them through. As fantastic as this may sound, this is what this forum was created for and what we WANT people to do here in this particular forum.

For some people, acne IS very painful and unfortunatly, human pain, insecurity, fear, and upset isn't limited to what others think we "should" or "shouldn't" feel. I'm sure you've run into this in your own life and have been frustrated with it.

But I also think there is a way to be supportive and get the information across without minimizing anothers pain. A simple "Hey, it's not so bad, get out there and see the world! You can do it!" is going to be alot better (and piss off fewer members) than "You pussy. You're complaigning about nothing."

This is board that provides support for acne sufferers. It says "ACNE.ORG."

You can respect that, your own experience, and everyone else's at the same time, especially in the forum that was specifically designed so people can vent as loudly as they want about thier acne experience. "This fucking sub-forum" has been here for YEARS because people need to share about these things, and yes, sometimes "this fucking sub-forum" can get pretty depressing.

But you know what? "This fucking sub-forum" has, in my opinion, one of the best support groups in all of Acneorg. When we are doing what we are supposed to be doing - supporting others and not tearing them down - Emo shines as the BESTpart of Acneorg.

Well, it isn't JUST acne that causes people here to want to suicide. Bad relationships with family, no friends, stressful environments. I can clearly see why people want to commit suicide. They aren't being "dramatic". It's very, very sad.

I agree, there are alot of other things that are more worse, WE ALL KNOW THAT.

but its hard when you see people everyday that do not have to struggle with pimples!!!!!!!

their face is so clear makes me want to vomit or question why the hell do i have this..

they wake up and dont give their face a second thought.

WE have to wake up and pop zits, put on make up.. SEE our blemishes.. every god damn day.

Im jealous of everyone who I run into that doesnt have any blemishes what so ever, its not fair, WHY DOES GOD HATE ME?? there are tons of people that should have this...

What does god have anything to do with your acne?

Oh phooey. I ask why does God hate me when I get a paper cut....

:P

It's mostly an expression of frustration for me.

same here, religion has nothing to do with the "oh my god!" expression.. I use Oh muh gawd... oh your god what?...

Hmm... then I could be wrong, language has deceived me, it seems no one is actually considering suicide, everyone is exagerating there situations with expressions like yours. I really can't even imagine how someone can actually suicide over acne. Rarest of the rares indeed. My thread fails. I cant actually believe anyone would actually be crazy enough to suicide over acne only, its gotta be alot of other factors but there were some threads I read here where people exagerated once again to deceive some like me to think they were serious about suiciding over acne, since thats all they said in the thread, Just mere jokers. Hm.

Most people who would truly consider suicide don't have acne as the single cause and factor of it - there are most certaintly other things going on. And yes, I agree that suicide is a waste, acne or no. But that does not mean that when someone says "I feel like killing myself" that I should not take the level of emotions they are feeling seriously and treat them with respect and dignity.

I don't know about you, Machi, but I've lost too many friends to suicide to simply tell them "get over it." As far as I know, that approach has yet to have saved a single person. What gets a person out of suicidal feelings is support. And even if they are just "saying" they feel suicidal, then I have to understand that whatever they are feeling is STILL serious enough that they'd evoke that phrase.

I'm not willing to take any more chances and god willing, any more funerals, so I don't try to tell people that what they are feeling can't be that bad. Obviously, for them, it is, and the only way to help someone through that is to listen to them, to talk to them, to support them.

After all, isn't that why we are all here?

As far as I can tell about half the posters here threaten suicide on a fairly regular basis. I've seen so many people threaten to kill themselves in the 7 years I've been online that it's lost most of its meaning to me. People who actually intend to kill themselves usually aren't going to advertise the fact, just like nobody who is actually going to blow something up is gonna phone in a bomb threat ahead of time. That's not to say that there aren't suicidal people here... it's just that you're only going to know they were suicidal when you find out they hung themselves with an electrical cord.

SuperMachi, you sound like the perfect candidate for suicide!!

-This is the way i see it, You can torture an animal all you want and make it live a horrible life, and the poor animal cant commit suicide, it cant end it.Well what spereates humans from animals is that we can conciously kill ourselves if we are living a horrible life for whatever reason.You see suicide is a powerfull,its romantic, its a savior, a gift from god himself.

I know telling them just to get over it wont help them out of depression.

My post was going towards those only thinking suicide because of acne, and of course that has to be the rare. I was wrong to think that people would suicide over acne only. Like I said, i was tricked by sarcastic exagerating language that I could not see on the internet.

-This is the way i see it, You can torture an animal all you want and make it live a horrible life, and the poor animal cant commit suicide, it cant end it.Well what spereates humans from animals is that we can conciously kill ourselves if we are living a horrible life for whatever reason.You see suicide is a powerfull,its romantic, its a savior, a gift from god himself.

That's just a specific example of humans exercising free will. Animals don't have free will, their actions are guided entirely by instinct and circumstances. In this way and in relation to your example, suicide is no different than masturbation, listening to music, or anything else humans choose to do that does not directly relate to their own survival.

Machi, it can be hard to tell subtext over the 'net. I get that.

And no, folks, sorry, while we understand people do get suicidal on here, we don't actually promote it. We've had one member here actually commit suicide - it tore the entire community up. We are not looking for a repeat.

Which is why, VNV, even if you don't think they are going to do it, we try to support them towards feeling better anyways. My two friends who killed themselves DID leave plenty of signs.....we were just too busy to see it.

I'm not making that mistake again.

Which is why, VNV, even if you don't think they are going to do it, we try to support them towards feeling better anyways.

Sure, that's fine, I don't think people threatening suicide should be ignored, I just can't bring myself to take anyone saying "I'm going to kill myself" seriously.

My two friends who killed themselves DID leave plenty of signs.....we were just too busy to see it.

Yeah, truly suicidal people will leave (often subtle and even unintentional) signs, they just usually won't explicitly threaten it, because (A) it wouldn't be conducive to committing suicide since some well-wishing friend would very likely try to intervene and (B) if they're threatening it then it means they're really not ready to give up yet and are still searching for some sort of reason to live.

If they are looking for a reason to live, then I will try to help them find a reason to live. Why would you do otherwise?

And it's okay, VNV, the net and today's world jades people. I get that - that's okay. I just can't stand it when someone who doesn't take it seriously (and you haven't done this, btw, this is just a major pet peeve of mine, mentioning it in passing!) can't stay out of a sucidal person's thread and says something cruel like "Oh, you pussy. Get it over with, you're just being a whiny bitch."

That's just a specific example of humans exercising free will. Animals don't have free will, their actions are guided entirely by instinct and circumstances. In this way and in relation to your example, suicide is no different than masturbation, listening to music, or anything else humans choose to do that does not directly relate to their own survival.

you do realize your just emphasizing my point dont ya?It's pretty simplistic on your part to view suicide and something like masturbation as being on the same level of enlightenment or free will.What i wanted to convey is that if you are living in a perpetual state of physical and/or mental agony then why not use the power of suicide to relieve you of your life?There is nothing wrong with that.How would you rather die, liviing with a terminal illnes day to day, in agony visiting doctors like a fucking gutless pussy so they can try and give you a few more months of a horrible life just cuz you dont got the balls to smoke yourself, or say fuck the doctors im taking this shit in my own hands, away from the disease or whatever and offing myself like a fucking man.I would rather die on my own terms and kill myself than die on a hospital bed smeared in my own shit while my family memers look at my gutless ass in total pity.Btw who's the cat that killed himself, are the departed post's deleted?

I believe his name is Marc Sheep, I can't find his posts in a simple member search, but I'm going to go ask the other mods if his profile was deleted or anything. I hope it wasn't.

you do realize your just emphasizing my point dont ya?It's pretty simplistic on your part to view suicide and something like masturbation as being on the same level of enlightenment or free will.

I'm not sure where "enlightenment" came from, but as far as I'm concerned there aren't different "levels" of free will, at least when comparing ourselves to animals. It's a binary proposition, humans are capable of higher-level reasoning and thus have what we would call "free will" and animals are guided entirely by distinct. The point I was getting at is that trying to romanticize something like suicide is no different than trying to romanticize something vulgar like masturbation because the former action is no more an exercise of free will than the latter.

What i wanted to convey is that if you are living in a perpetual state of physical and/or mental agony then why not use the power of suicide to relieve you of your life?

If that was your point then you conveyed it poorly. The seeming conclusion to your post is that "suicide is a powerfull [sic], its romantic, its a savior, a gift from god himself."

There is nothing wrong with that.How would you rather die, liviing with a terminal illnes day to day, in agony visiting doctors like a fucking gutless pussy so they can try and give you a few more months of a horrible life just cuz you dont got the balls to smoke yourself, or say fuck the doctors im taking this shit in my own hands, away from the disease or whatever and offing myself like a fucking man.I would rather die on my own terms and kill myself than die on a hospital bed smeared in my own shit while my family memers look at my gutless ass in total pity.

Right, okay, none of this bears any relevance to my post. I don't think you even know what you're trying to argue here.

you do realize your just emphasizing my point dont ya?It's pretty simplistic on your part to view suicide and something like masturbation as being on the same level of enlightenment or free will.What i wanted to convey is that if you are living in a perpetual state of physical and/or mental agony then why not use the power of suicide to relieve you of your life?There is nothing wrong with that.How would you rather die, liviing with a terminal illnes day to day, in agony visiting doctors like a fucking gutless pussy so they can try and give you a few more months of a horrible life just cuz you dont got the balls to smoke yourself, or say fuck the doctors im taking this shit in my own hands, away from the disease or whatever and offing myself like a fucking man.I would rather die on my own terms and kill myself than die on a hospital bed smeared in my own shit while my family memers look at my gutless ass in total pity.Btw who's the cat that killed himself, are the departed post's deleted?

dude, please relax. just reading this is making my blood pressure go up.

what is your problem and wtf are you insinuating that visiting a lot of doctors, trying to cure a serious illness is "fucking pussy" ?

i respect a person's choice to die if they dont think they will get better, but have some respect for those who are struggling to stay alive. It takes a lot of strength to get thru each day when you are desperately sick.

When my cousin died of leukemia, i was greatful for every moment i spent with her, no matter how many tubes were coming out of her body.

As far as I can tell about half the posters here threaten suicide on a fairly regular basis. I've seen so many people threaten to kill themselves in the 7 years I've been online that it's lost most of its meaning to me. People who actually intend to kill themselves usually aren't going to advertise the fact, just like nobody who is actually going to blow something up is gonna phone in a bomb threat ahead of time. That's not to say that there aren't suicidal people here... it's just that you're only going to know they were suicidal when you find out they hung themselves with an electrical cord.

QFT. :clap:

Most people who would truly consider suicide don't have acne as the single cause and factor of it - there are most certaintly other things going on. And yes, I agree that suicide is a waste, acne or no. But that does not mean that when someone says "I feel like killing myself" that I should not take the level of emotions they are feeling seriously and treat them with respect and dignity.

I don't know about you, Machi, but I've lost too many friends to suicide to simply tell them "get over it." As far as I know, that approach has yet to have saved a single person. What gets a person out of suicidal feelings is support. And even if they are just "saying" they feel suicidal, then I have to understand that whatever they are feeling is STILL serious enough that they'd evoke that phrase.

I'm not willing to take any more chances and god willing, any more funerals, so I don't try to tell people that what they are feeling can't be that bad. Obviously, for them, it is, and the only way to help someone through that is to listen to them, to talk to them, to support them.

Q4T. acne is not the reason for my suicidal ideations. it never was. i have much deeper issues. most people do. they just don't usually talk about them.

every person who told me to get over it i cut out of my life. useless bullshit excuse. "get over it" translates to "get away your drama bores me". i don't need that bullshit when i have to decide whether to get up in the morning or kill myself and don't you fucking thing for a second people like me don't. imagine the worst feeling in the world being that you wake up and are still alive.

i have no idea why i'm still here but i keep trying, and failing and trying to live. but no. thanks i would LOVE to get over it but thats like telling someone with cancer to just "get better". sometimes its bigger than you. sometimes you need to EDUCATE yourself on what causes suicdial behavior. its not an easy answer. If you're a real friend you say "what can i do to help" instead of "get over it" you offer to come to the hospital, to be there as a phone buddy when its a really bad day, to be supportive in therapy, to be there. just be there.

get over. it. ya. if it were that easy.

while you're at it. just think happy thoughts and you're acne will be gone.

i'm sorry but this thread pisses me off.

Q4T. acne is not the reason for my suicidal ideations. it never was. i have much deeper issues. most people do. they just don't usually talk about them.

every person who told me to get over it i cut out of my life. useless bullshit excuse. "get over it" translates to "get away your drama bores me". i don't need that bullshit when i have to decide whether to get up in the morning or kill myself and don't you fucking thing for a second people like me don't. imagine the worst feeling in the world being that you wake up and are still alive.

i have no idea why i'm still here but i keep trying, and failing and trying to live. but no. thanks i would LOVE to get over it but thats like telling someone with cancer to just "get better". sometimes its bigger than you. sometimes you need to EDUCATE yourself on what causes suicdial behavior. its not an easy answer. If you're a real friend you say "what can i do to help" instead of "get over it" you offer to come to the hospital, to be there as a phone buddy when its a really bad day, to be supportive in therapy, to be there. just be there.

get over. it. ya. if it were that easy.

while you're at it. just think happy thoughts and you're acne will be gone.

i'm sorry but this thread pisses me off.

I hate that too Christina! I also cant stand when people say, "Your depression is all in your head" Its like no shit, its called my brain you ahole

not always true. most suicdes leave a trail of clues a mile long. its just that most people don't really know the signs or try to pretend it isn't happening.

i talk about it because i've lived it. and ya i've tried it but i'm alive. i don't want to die, unlike many but that doesn't change the fact that my death wish is more passive. i understand the urgency in full blown attempts.

ya many people talk about it and don't do it, but you're forgetting the ones that do you don't follow them home and see them drug themself into oblivion, slash their bodies with knives, pins, scissors. Thats passive suicide. and you don't see that. but its there. its everywhere.