Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leahbug216

All over HELP!!!!

Ok so im 16 years old and i have had perfect skin my whole life then in september bam i broke out in like 6 pimples and i dont know what to do once one clears up then another comes...

its not all over my face its just on my chin and on the sides of my nose to the inner parts of my cheek...

i have no idea what to do...

i wash my face every morning and night but i dance all the time and i sweat so much is it bad to wash my face off after working out?

what make up should i use because i have been using clinque but it doesnt seem to cover anything up?

what kind of make up should i use because i dont like having make up all over my face because it just feels gross but then you can see were i have make up around my nose and chin.?

what do you do with peeling? ... after i have a pimple is like peels which makes it so hard for covering up

how do you cover scabs up? i no dont pick but its so hard when you have a nasty scab that looks gross with cover up on...

i not know how to moisterize becuase if i use the lotion from clinque then i feel gressy but if i use the gel my face is tight and is dry...

basically i need HELP!!! please this is the worst thing ever concidering my face was flawless 2 months ago!!

Ok, calm down (although I know it's upsetting), but considering your age and where you're breaking out, it sounds like it's purely the hormonal/teenage kind of acne... which is not that bad and totally controllable.

Have you been to a dermatologist? He might be able to put you on some mild prescriptions or a mild topical, like Duac. Also, are you doing Dan's regimen? If not, start right there and do it to a tee. Should help.

As far as makeup, I understand what you're saying about Clinique. Have you considered MAC. When I was your age this worked wonders for covering up my acne.

Also, DON'T USE THAT YELLOW LOTION FROM CLINIQUE!! Way too greasy! That could be your problem right there. Maybe if you have a really, really flaky spot. But, still, there are better lotions for that as well.

Check out Dan's regimen. You need a gentle cleanser that is going to take off your makeup, like Purpose or Dan's own cleanser. You need to use a low dose of BP or a topical cream. And you need a good oil-free lotion, like Dan's. And his is pretty good with flakiness as well.

Hmmm.... as far as washing after dance, I see where you are coming from. I used to do track in high school so I was always super sweaty after daily practices or meets. Here's what I would do: Try to work out in the morning, before you put on your makeup. Then you can wash your face afterwards and put on fresh makeup. Or if dance is after school and you aren't going out again afterwards then wash your face after dance, put your BP on (or your topical cream), and moisturizer and then go to bed (or in other words: don't put makeup back on). But, if you can't do this either then yes, I would wash your face after dance, if you are really sweaty and really need it (I'm sure you know when you need it or not), but if you are using a gentle cleanser (like the ones I mentioned) and not scrubbing the heck out of your face and following up with a light moisturizer afterwards, I think you should be OK.

And then you could even consider not washing your face in the morning with more than water from a shower. I've interviewed quite a few derms on this and most say that a cleanser isn't that needed in the morning, water should be OK. I mean, you're face doesn't get THAT dirty while you sleep....

Hope that helps.

Ok, calm down (although I know it's upsetting), but considering your age and where you're breaking out, it sounds like it's purely the hormonal/teenage kind of acne... which is not that bad and totally controllable.

Have you been to a dermatologist? He might be able to put you on some mild prescriptions or a mild topical, like Duac. Also, are you doing Dan's regimen? If not, start right there and do it to a tee. Should help.

As far as makeup, I understand what you're saying about Clinique. Have you considered MAC. When I was your age this worked wonders for covering up my acne.

Also, DON'T USE THAT YELLOW LOTION FROM CLINIQUE!! Way too greasy! That could be your problem right there. Maybe if you have a really, really flaky spot. But, still, there are better lotions for that as well.

Check out Dan's regimen. You need a gentle cleanser that is going to take off your makeup, like Purpose or Dan's own cleanser. You need to use a low dose of BP or a topical cream. And you need a good oil-free lotion, like Dan's. And his is pretty good with flakiness as well.

Hmmm.... as far as washing after dance, I see where you are coming from. I used to do track in high school so I was always super sweaty after daily practices or meets. Here's what I would do: Try to work out in the morning, before you put on your makeup. Then you can wash your face afterwards and put on fresh makeup. Or if dance is after school and you aren't going out again afterwards then wash your face after dance, put your BP on (or your topical cream), and moisturizer and then go to bed (or in other words: don't put makeup back on). But, if you can't do this either then yes, I would wash your face after dance, if you are really sweaty and really need it (I'm sure you know when you need it or not), but if you are using a gentle cleanser (like the ones I mentioned) and not scrubbing the heck out of your face and following up with a light moisturizer afterwards, I think you should be OK.

And then you could even consider not washing your face in the morning with more than water from a shower. I've interviewed quite a few derms on this and most say that a cleanser isn't that needed in the morning, water should be OK. I mean, you're face doesn't get THAT dirty while you sleep....

Hope that helps.

actually that really helped a lot!! i am definatly going to mac in a day or two because i need some make up that works! thanks so much!!!

does anyone else have some more advice?!

I agree that Mac is great at giving fantastic coverage, but it also causes MANY people to break out. Pretty much every girl I know can only use mac for a special occasion because there are so many chemicals and fillers in their makeup. Don't get me wrong-great coverage-awesome pigments, but I would not risk a further breakout by using it. If I were you I would go for a healing concealer+ tinted moisturizer + setting powder-or just go for mineral makeup. If you look at makeupalley.com you can find reviews for everything you are looking for and the reviewers tell you detail for detail how their skin liked the makeup. Almay makes a healing concealer that got really good reviews on makeupalley.com also Origins is pretty good and is probably about as expensive as Mac but most likely wont cause breakouts (from what I have heard). Personally, I wear everyday minerals on a regular basis and I love the way it looks-I have been using mineral makeup for years though so I have perfected my technique. You could buy a foundation+setting powder from them (everydayminerals.com) and buy a REALLY nice expensive concealer at a department store (like Estee Lauder double wear concealor) you can get complete coverage.

As for your skin issues, I would caution you on jumping into the DKR. I was on it for almost a year and during that year my skin was at its worst. about a month after I quit I stopped breaking out altogether, its been three months now and I am completely clear of my horrible inflamed acne-and I didn't need a drop of benzoyl peroxide to do it. I have been using alpha hydroxy acids (specifically a glycolic acid serum, and a mandelic+malic acid serum), these are the only things that has helped me keep my skin clear, and has the added bonus of fading all of my post acne marks.

It really depends on what you have used for your skin in the past. It would be very good for you to see a dermatologist before choosing a skincare regimen.

If you have scabs on your face you might want to try moisturizing with aloe vera gel (fruit of the earth brand) at night to help them heal and keep your skin hydrated. I like aveeno moisturizers because they doesn't feel greasy to me-but then again I have very dry skin. One thing you might want to look into purchasing-because I know its hard to cover scabs-is a makeup primer. This will help to smooth out the texture of your face before applying your makeup. I use philosophy's makeup primer-a lot of people like the smashbox makeup primers. They really do help to even out the texture of your skin.

I wish I would have known about makeup primers when I was your age.

well I hope this helps! You should definitely look at makeupalley.com for reviews of products!