Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone,

just sick and tired of it all now. No matter what products I use or what make-up I apply, no matter how much time and money I spend, my face is just absolutely disgusting.

I'm 27 and have never had a boyfriend, and I considered joining a dating site the other day -I spent hours trying to make myself look as good as I could, so that I could take a photo of myself to upload, but every single one looked revolting -red face, uneven surface, loads of scars, and worst of all, you could see the white rings around my eyes where no acne has ever formed (and that was after plastering myself with loads of concealer and green undercoat prior to applying the foundation). And then my hair is always in a right mess as well, no matter what I do with that either, so overall I just look a terrible mess. I look at all of the other pictures on such sites and everyone is so attractive, with a perfect complexion -I just haven't a chance anywhere.

I can't cope with looking like me. I can't go out or do anything. I hate myself. :(

Thank you for listening

Snowflakes x

I can't imagine what its like having it so long.

Todays probably been my worst ever day. I've got acne like I've never had before, I cant even make out whats on half of my face look a revolting mess. I can't go to college this week, I can't, I've already missed a lot, threats of being kicked out of class, but i just can't anymore. It's too much. Too much seeing previous mates look at you in disgust then try to pretend they can't see anything. Too much having little kids stare at you in bewilderment like you're severly deformed. I give up. If i can't kicked out, fine. I dont care anymore. I just want to hide away and never appear. Nothing works, infact most makes it worse.

:( I feel like that everyday...

For 9 years ... i know it sucks.. but theres always hope... ive been asked out on dates with women who have seen me break out... I dont understand it but they dont care...

I think you should look around.. ive seen girls with clear faces, but have pimples/marks all over their face.. they dont care... neither do we....

imperfections are a part of life, people accept it... and look towards innerbeauty.

Snowflake- I am really sorry that you have had acne that long, I've only had acne for 6yrs, but already it feels like its been a 20yr prison sentence. I complete empathise with everything you have said. There have been times in the last few years when all i've wanted to do is scream my heart out at the world, cry endlessly and question the fate that has bestowed me with this terrible condition.

At the end of all things, there's unfortunately nothing I can say that will make you feel better, and that's the worst part of acne, because it cant just be taken away in a couple of days. You cant have surgery to remove it, and there is ultimately no magic cure that guarantees you clear skin for the rest of my life. My only advice is this- try and take it one step at a time. Find what you enjoy about life and pursue that above all else.

In the end, acne is as much a psychological battle as it is a physical one. It demands an extremely self-resiliant mind, one that can stoically march on, in face of overwhelming odds. One day you will find something that will work for you, that will help to heal your skin. This, at any rate, is what I believe, because if we dont have hope, then really is left for us?

Oh honey :(. Please believe that there will be a day when you're acne free. What type of acne do you have? Cystic? Moderate? Mild? Maybe I can help (if you fall in the moderate to mild category).

But a general rule of thumb... never pick. I listen to songs and sing to get my mind of my skin.

Thank you for the replies everyone.

I've had acne since I've been around 10 years old. People, ever since my acne started to form, have always told me not to worry cause I'll eventually grow out of it (cause they did), but I'll soon be 30 and I haven't yet and have had no life.

I used to have large spots all over my face along with tiny bumps all over my nose, and this has left me with lots of scarring, large pores and a permanently red and pigmented face. I know it sounds silly, but my face looks that awful that I am not sure whether I have that much active acne on my face anymore (not like on my back, chest, neck and arms) -yeah, I do have spots form, but it's more of the above.

I went shopping in town today and was observing everyone elses faces and I didn't see one girl in town with a bad complexion.

I hate not being able to wear nice clothes, also. I always end up wearing tops with high collars and long sleeves, even when it's summer. And if I wear a white top, the spots that I have on my back sometimes bleed, then I end up with red dots all over my top (sorry if that sounds horrible). And I can't wear sunscreen in the summer cause that causes massive breakouts, even in places where acne isn't meant to form.

I'm sorry for going on -it's just good to talk to others who understand.

Thank you for listening again

Snowflakes x

I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I think a lot of people can relate, myself included. Have you seen a dermatologist? What treatments have you tried? Almost all cases of acne can be controlled, you just have to keep trying until you find the right regimen for you. And if all else fails there is Accutane. Hope is not lost! Don't give up. :comfort:

Thank you for your reply sweetheart. I have seen a dermatologist in the past and have tried roaccutane, but that did nothing at all for me. :( I asked my doctor to refer me back recently, but he says that there is nothing else that a dermatologist can do. I was offered dianette, the contraceptive pill, but am affraid to take it cause of the side effects.

Snowflakes x

Oh you guys can cry me a river.

I've got severe acne, and moderate PSORIASIS.

That's like two fucked up conditions rolled neatly into one body.

MY BODY.

If I don't have acne, then ive got psoriasis. If I dont have psoriasis, then i have ACNE. As I said above, i have SEVERE acne. I can't take Accutane because it will fuck up my internal organs because I am already on a psoriasis pill. They can't be taken together. So I have to basically choose what I want to suffer with.

I do DRK to manage the acne, and I take fucking Methotreaxte for the psoriasis which limits me from having a drink with mates. I wouldn't really care but im 18 and thats what everyone does, but at the end of the day, I just get over it.

You guys should try Microdermabrasion, it's like an intense exfoliator and has helped smoothen out scars for me in the past and clear up red marks.

Note: This is not really an attack against you, but rather it's me venting all my anger and frustration about my own fucked up body and how none of my relatives have any of this shit to deal with and how I have to juggle more suffering compared to most people on this acne messageboard.

Thank you for your reply sweetheart. I have seen a dermatologist in the past and have tried roaccutane, but that did nothing at all for me. :( I asked my doctor to refer me back recently, but he says that there is nothing else that a dermatologist can do. I was offered dianette, the contraceptive pill, but am affraid to take it cause of the side effects.

Snowflakes x

I can't imagine what its like having it so long.

Todays probably been my worst ever day. I've got acne like I've never had before, I cant even make out whats on half of my face look a revolting mess. I can't go to college this week, I can't, I've already missed a lot, threats of being kicked out of class, but i just can't anymore. It's too much. Too much seeing previous mates look at you in disgust then try to pretend they can't see anything. Too much having little kids stare at you in bewilderment like you're severly deformed. I give up. If i can't kicked out, fine. I dont care anymore. I just want to hide away and never appear. Nothing works, infact most makes it worse.