Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ewoker

I dont understand this

i suffer from redness around the shaving area, like all the time, not from shaving but all the time. now how come after a really really really hot shower when i get all pink, when i cool off my skin looks amazing, but a quick rince and its just yuck.

now i would have thought a hot shower would irritate the skin and make it redder, but no :redface:

and does anyone out there recommend any good anti redness moisterisers or face washes

a long, hot shower makes my skin look nicer too.

if i shower with cold water, I break out in rashes, and my skin feels "fuzzy".

maybe you benefit from hot water. Maybe your pores open up and release toxins and allergens? Who knows. If you like it, continue doing it!

a long, hot shower makes my skin look nicer too.

if i shower with cold water, I break out in rashes, and my skin feels "fuzzy".

maybe you benefit from hot water. Maybe your pores open up and release toxins and allergens? Who knows. If you like it, continue doing it!

When I take long and hot showers, it really irritates my skin more than if I hadn't. When I come out, my arms and face will have really bad, painful rashes. It must vary from person to person.

and does anyone out there recommend any good anti redness moisterisers or face washes

Aveeno "Ultra Calming" Foaming face wash

Aveeno "Ultra Calming" daily moisturizer w/spf

Aveeno "Ultra Calming" moisturizer (w/o spf) at night

Aveeno ultra calming did nothing for me except turn me a lighter shade of red. I realy recommend Eucerin redness relief products. Also look into getting a prescription of biafine to use at night, just ask your derm to prescribe it for redness and irritation.

i think the facewash might be a key for me, maybe this redness around the shaving area is from harsh soaps.

maybe its the opening of the pores for me that makes it look better in a hot shower, if i couple that with an even milder cleanser i may be on a winner. thanks :surprised: