Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

argh stupid make up: its official, I hate make up

This is like the third time this week my make up has been looking horrible on me. I tried to fix it for over an hour and then I decided screw it and I washed it all off with Dans cleanser. Now my face is gonna be h***a dry all day! This sucks, argh stupid make up!!! Anyone have any techniques for putting on make up? So far I have tried a make up brush, a make up spounge, putting on moisturizer first, and using my fingers. None of them work! My face looks too cakey no matter how I put it on :angry:

preparation: wash face, dry. tweeze brows. curl eyelashes using curler (make sure they literally curve upwards!)

1. moisturize with a lightweight moisturizer (your choice)

2. dot concealer on blemishes

3. dot liquid foundation evenly, and SPARSELY over face. blend it in with a make-up sponge

4. powder face to control shine (T ZONE), can use colourless oil absorbing one if you want (clean and clear) or some tinted one. Fill in eyebrows slightly.

5. apply lightest color eyeshadow over entire eyelid, use medium color on the area close to the eyelashes. apply Kohl's eyeliner (or any pencil, smudgy eyeliner) on the top lashline. Close as possible. Smudge with a little brush thing. apply some eyeliner to the waterline of the bottom lashes.

6. Apply a few coats of mascara on the top and bottom eyelashes.

7. highlight brow bones (if desired) with a light shimmery powder, as well as cheekbones.

8. use some blush if you want

9. use a nude, flesh color lip gloss or lip stick!

10. tease your sexy hair, and your officially HOT.

***Oh and about your cakey issue: Don't put too much make up (regardless of whether you have bad skin or not), and invest in some luxury brands, not drug store brands.

Maybe it's the foundation?

I find a damp foundation brush to be a super easy way to apply liquid makeup. Then I use a concealer on top (applied with fingers or concealer brush) & set with powder. Even with liquid makeup, light layers are best; build up the coverage & use a concealer for any hard to cover spots (ie. large red zits, under eye area).

Maybe it's the foundation?

I find a damp foundation brush to be a super easy way to apply liquid makeup. Then I use a concealer on top (applied with fingers or concealer brush) & set with powder. Even with liquid makeup, light layers are best; build up the coverage & use a concealer for any hard to cover spots (ie. large red zits, under eye area).

MAC's blot powder has literally saved my life. since i have began using it, i don't have ANY oil. i put it on my t-zone, put my foundation on, then put it on AGAIN on my t-zone.

and invest in some luxury brands, not drug store brands.