Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SadinChicago

ELISA Food Intolerance Test

Has anyone heard of this test before? Lots of DR's offer this test, and its supposed to be prety good about showing what foods your body has an intolerance too. I am thinking about going through with one. You pay them, then they send you a kit where you prick your finger, it takes a very small sample, and you have results back in 2-4 weeks. Any comments?

thanks

I actually want to get and ELISA Food Allergy Test. I don't think those are the same though. I'm also certain I am allergic to corn or I have Celiac Disease. I'm not sure if the allergy one can test for intolerances so if the allergy one doesn't find anything than I'll probably try the intolerance test...

Has anyone heard of this test before? Lots of DR's offer this test, and its supposed to be prety good about showing what foods your body has an intolerance too. I am thinking about going through with one. You pay them, then they send you a kit where you prick your finger, it takes a very small sample, and you have results back in 2-4 weeks. Any comments?

thanks

notadoctor,

was this covered by your insurance? The mail order test that I am looking at is $375, which doesn't seem too bad, but if my insurance will cover it, I would much rather go through that route.

Did you see any type of improvement after they gave you the results, and you followed their recomendations on what food to avoid?

It was covered by my insurance. I saw a pretty big improvement, but I have other problems that got better too once I avoided the foods I was allergic to. It may or may not completely clear you though. It might have nothing to do with your skin condition. It varies from person to person.

My skin is prety much clear from using Dans regimen..so that isn't my main concern, although if it helped that would be nice. There are several other things that I am concerned about.

I am not sure what your problems are, but I know for me that getting the allergy tests done was one of the best decisions I have ever made.