Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Qazzi123

Help! Why do the red bumps (papules?) take so long to heal?!

Hi I'm currently using Neutrogena 2.5% BP for all the pastules and whiteheads I get, and it works great on those by reducing the color and eventually drying it up so much that it flakes off. Usually within a couple of days they are gone and all they leave behind is a little redness so long as I don't pick.

However, those damned smooth red bumps that just look a little swollen, I think they're papules correct me if I'm wrong, they just don't seem to heal. I've had them on my cheeks FOREVER and they just don't go away. Sometimes they'll form whiteheads, those will go away, but the bump itself won't. Whenever I apply BP it just seems to get super super dry and doesn't really appear to be helping. Should I just not do ANYTHING to them and let them heal naturally? Is the BP preventing them from healing by overdrying them (ergo I should only apply BP to whiteheads/pastules?)? Any tips/info would be great!

I don't think it's good to dry them out and irritate them even more. I heard that papules and nodules only responds to isotretinoins, but I'm not sure.

I wouldn't overdo it with chemicals, SA and BP could be too much.

Swollen red bumps could be cysts, especially if they aren't going away too quickly. Do they hurt if you press them?

They are papules. I have them too. They are a bitch to heal, takes a looong time. Like 2 weeks for mine. Oh well :\

Can someone confirm the isotretinoin comment, please? Because I have a couple of papules and two tubes of Differin sitting in my draw! If they only respond to isotretinoins, I might be persuaded to use the Differin! (I am reluctant due to the initial breakout that many people suffer from.)

Can someone confirm the isotretinoin comment, please? Because I have a couple of papules and two tubes of Differin sitting in my draw! If they only respond to isotretinoins, I might be persuaded to use the Differin! (I am reluctant due to the initial breakout that many people suffer from.)

i have one like this is it smooth and red and swollen and it hurts to touch what can you do with that

I actually prefer hot compresses. Ive been making hot tea and then using the bag wrapped around in a paper towels and then using that on my face. It really works! It helps bring the pimples to heads