Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40now

Saw Dr Chu on thursday Nov 1st

Finally after years of trying to find a decent GP who would refer me to Dr Chu I saw him on Thurs Nov 1st 07.

Dr Chu is a really nice man. He had a good look at my skin. I'll tell you what he said after abit of background.

I'm 41 now and have had acne from age 21. When i was 21 I saw my Gp at the time. He was crap and told me it would clear up by itself. I was shy, stupid and timid and did not know what else to do so I carried on using makeup to cover up. When I was 26 I moved town, got away from family pressures and started to get my own life. I saw a new GP who put me on Dianette. This helped and the severe acne on my cheeks cleared up quite well. I was left with pitted scarring on both cheeks and red marks. Horrible. It has affected my whole life more than I like to admit. Right from getting married in secret because I felt too ugly to do anyting else... to how I live my life now.. don't like seeing old friends who knew me before the acne ( people used to keep saying how attractive I was etc etc). Even now my social life is affected GREATLY by how I feel about myself ( please no posts about how I shouldn't etc.. thats how I feel and I live the best way I can ..i don't want anyone making me feel worse about wasting my life or being vain etc).

So, Dr Chu had a good look at my skin, explained the causes of acne and gave me a letter for my GP. The letter says to prescribe me Differin and something called Duac. I also had a session of Nlite. My next appt for Nlite is in 3 months and my next appt with Dr Chu is 6 months.

Regarding my scars, he told me I have a mixture of boxscar and rolling scars.

He said the reason it looks worse is because I have red capillaries showing on my cheeks.

I asked about Terproline which he sells and he said that is a good cream. I bought the face and body one for £65.

We chatted about dermaroller for the scarring, he said if I am interested to email his secretary for more info and I could try that. it has had good results.

Having arrived back home, I have been searching for info on Differin and Nlite ( with renewed vigour - I had read about these before but dismissed them due to mixed reviews).

I'm still confused! I don't know what to do.. everything takes so long to try... I have a wedding in April.. I was hoping I could be better for that..but now I'm scared taht if I try the Nlite and differin it will make me worse. All the reviews are very mixed. It's scary. I don't want to end up worse again! I couldn't cope with that!

To make things worse I have now startedted developing more redness around my nose and cheeks.. I completely forgot to ask Dr Chu about that because by then I was so tired and in a state after all the travelling nightmare I went through on the day to get to my appt.

I think maybe I was so tired by then I wasn't thinking straight and didn't make the most of my appt by asking more questions. I don't know. I'm beating myself up. Help!

Finally after years of trying to find a decent GP who would refer me to Dr Chu I saw him on Thurs Nov 1st 07.

Dr Chu is a really nice man. He had a good look at my skin. I'll tell you what he said after abit of background.

I'm 41 now and have had acne from age 21. When i was 21 I saw my Gp at the time. He was crap and told me it would clear up by itself. I was shy, stupid and timid and did not know what else to do so I carried on using makeup to cover up. When I was 26 I moved town, got away from family pressures and started to get my own life. I saw a new GP who put me on Dianette. This helped and the severe acne on my cheeks cleared up quite well. I was left with pitted scarring on both cheeks and red marks. Horrible. It has affected my whole life more than I like to admit. Right from getting married in secret because I felt too ugly to do anyting else... to how I live my life now.. don't like seeing old friends who knew me before the acne ( people used to keep saying how attractive I was etc etc). Even now my social life is affected GREATLY by how I feel about myself ( please no posts about how I shouldn't etc.. thats how I feel and I live the best way I can ..i don't want anyone making me feel worse about wasting my life or being vain etc).

So, Dr Chu had a good look at my skin, explained the causes of acne and gave me a letter for my GP. The letter says to prescribe me Differin and something called Duac. I also had a session of Nlite. My next appt for Nlite is in 3 months and my next appt with Dr Chu is 6 months.

He said the reason it looks worse is because I have red capillaries showing on my cheeks.

I asked about Terproline which he sells and he said that is a good cream. I bought the face and body one for £65.

We chatted about dermaroller for the scarring, he said if I am interested to email his secretary for more info and I could try that. it has had good results.

Having arrived back home, I have been searching for info on Differin and Nlite ( with renewed vigour - I had read about these before but dismissed them due to mixed reviews).

I'm still confused! I don't know what to do.. everything takes so long to try... I have a wedding in April.. I was hoping I could be better for that..but now I'm scared taht if I try the Nlite and differin it will make me worse. All the reviews are very mixed. It's scary. I don't want to end up worse again! I couldn't cope with that!

To make things worse I have now startedted developing more redness around my nose and cheeks.. I completely forgot to ask Dr Chu about that because by then I was so tired and in a state after all the travelling nightmare I went through on the day to get to my appt.

I think maybe I was so tired by then I wasn't thinking straight and didn't make the most of my appt by asking more questions. I don't know. I'm beating myself up. Help!

i have the same problem, red broken capillars with moderate scars..i'm sure that without the the redness my skin it's not to bad. i don't know if it's rosacea or what but i'm sure that the look of the scars is worse with this situation.

i under dermaroller session, my first one month ago..the second in the end of november.

ciao.

Hey there, I know you are probably very confused still. But what i have decided to do, after being messed around by many derms in the past, is simply let Dr Chu give you the best he can provide. He is pretty goddamn knowledgeable, and i just tell myself that i'm in the best hands possible...

I also had the dermaroller done on tuesday and will definently be having another in the future. I have the terproline like yourself and apply it twice daily!!

One thing you will note about looking up treatements on the internet, is that 99% of them all have mixed reviews, but what you need to remember is that when you read these mixed reviews generally people who have a negative effect from them are first to one to go and 'review' these products. So in reality if it has mixed reviews it is probably quite a good product for most people...

Best of luck, believe me you are in the best possible hands now...