Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
YorkMonique

Who doesn't wear skin makeup? I think my mineral makeup is irritating my skin, making me break out much worse

I have recently decided to see how long I can go without wearing my usual Physicians Formula MineralWear loose powder...which for a while I was convinced was not making my sensitive skin break out ...until i read up on the ingredients (the 'mineral' mica in it at its particle level is jagged and can irritate pores, even talc suffocates skin, not allowing it to breath and don't even mention liquid foundation, that just seeps and clogs your pores) and pretty much all makeup has the potential to make acne worse..anything that is left on your skin for an extended period of time that is not a treatment or oil-free non-comedogenic moisturizer WILL clog up pores and make you break out - at least in my case, anyway. So for the past 2 days I have been makeup-free. Now, I am extremely self-conscious of my skin already-so without makeup i feel like i look like SHIT or like my skin is damaged or like i have a skin disease or something (i have horrible scarring, hyper-pigmentation and new ready-to-pop whiteheads forming) so how many of you don't wear makeup for similar reasons and for those that do, have you found a miracle makeup that you are CONVINCED doesn't make your acne worse?

I don't wear makeup, because nothing ever seems to work out due to sensitivity, acne, oiliness, pallor, or just general skin weirdness. I've never been able to tolerate makeup for any extended period of time, so I'm used to not wearing makeup, though.

To help:

Look at all the people around you not wearing makeup. Most of them have something going on makeup would improve. Therefore, you are normal. You have nothing to hide that somebody else doesn't, and seeing you comfortable enough to go without makeup might even help someone who is struggling with issues similar to yours feel better about themself.

At least, that's what I tell myself if I start to feel weird because random people are staring at my face.

I don't wear makeup, because nothing ever seems to work out due to sensitivity, acne, oiliness, pallor, or just general skin weirdness. I've never been able to tolerate makeup for any extended period of time, so I'm used to not wearing makeup, though.

To help:

Look at all the people around you not wearing makeup. Most of them have something going on makeup would improve. Therefore, you are normal. You have nothing to hide that somebody else doesn't, and seeing you comfortable enough to go without makeup might even help someone who is struggling with issues similar to yours feel better about themself.

At least, that's what I tell myself if I start to feel weird because random people are staring at my face.

I have to go here, even though it's not what you were talking about: I'm pretty sure god thinks you're gorgeous with or without makeup. ;)

My roommate last year had perfect skin, and she never had to do anything to it; she just washed with the same bar soap she used on the rest of her body. Nothing else. No makeup. It made me so jealous that she got to be all casual about her skin and yet it was beautiful. Ah well, I can honestly say she's a meaner person than me, which should, technically, trump the skin thing.

Edit: I bring up the roommmate thing, because she's one of your perfect hair/perfect skin girls. I thought her hair was beautiful, too, but we have opposite hair textures, so I couldn't be jealous. Her secret was only having it washed and/or processed every 2 weeks by a professional. She barely touched it beyond those appointments . . . Yeah . . . I'm a grease slick with very, very fine straightish hair after a day . . . uh-uh.

i have never worn foundation, mind you i've never had severe acne mine has always been mild. the most i'll do is spot treat a really red pimple with a dab of concealer.

and honestly NOT wearing makeup has done wonders for my skin, i am turning 28 and look about 17, no wrinkles, no disoloration. People who've been wearing a crap load of foundation since a young age when it wasn't really necessary that i know are looking older than they are, i think its the amount of oxygen that can get to your skin when you're wearing too much it can't get in and it ages you...and irritates you!

of course if you have severe acne i mean you gotta do what you gotta do but if its mild, just forget the foundation. (in my opinion)

and honestly NOT wearing makeup has done wonders for my skin, i am turning 28 and look about 17, no wrinkles, no disoloration. People who've been wearing a crap load of foundation since a young age when it wasn't really necessary that i know are looking older than they are, i think its the amount of oxygen that can get to your skin when you're wearing too much it can't get in and it ages you...and irritates you!

My opinion:

ALL MAKE UP CAUSES DAMAGE TO YOUR SKIN! We can't live without it, though! so, yeah. The areas of my skin that I dot with concealer are really red afterwards, like an allergic reaction. Goes away after a night of sleep though.

Hmm....I've seen the exact opposite....women who wear foundation regularly tend to age better. I think it's because many foundations have spf and they generally act as a sort of screen against the environment. Kind of how clothes protect your body.

There are negatives to foundation, but I don't think that faster aging is one. I think that protecting yourself from the sun, a healthy lifestyle, emotional well-being, and moisturizing well are far more influential to how well you age.

I have to go here, even though it's not what you were talking about: I'm pretty sure god thinks you're gorgeous with or without makeup. ;)

My roommate last year had perfect skin, and she never had to do anything to it; she just washed with the same bar soap she used on the rest of her body. Nothing else. No makeup. It made me so jealous that she got to be all casual about her skin and yet it was beautiful. Ah well, I can honestly say she's a meaner person than me, which should, technically, trump the skin thing.

Edit: I bring up the roommmate thing, because she's one of your perfect hair/perfect skin girls. I thought her hair was beautiful, too, but we have opposite hair textures, so I couldn't be jealous. Her secret was only having it washed and/or processed every 2 weeks by a professional. She barely touched it beyond those appointments . . . Yeah . . . I'm a grease slick with very, very fine straightish hair after a day . . . uh-uh.

I hadnt been using make up for months because I always noticed my breakouts were worse when I did. There have been so many rave reviews her on Revlon Color Stay and I decided to give it a try. The first couple of times I used it I didnt get good coverage because I used a terrible spounge. Now I just use my fingers and I love the make up! It looks great!

I had used physicians formula one day recently insetad of the color stay and I think thats the reason I have two bigs cysts, one on my chin and one below my lip

tho i'm not sure if emotional wellbeing ages you physically lol or i'd look a lot older, as emotionally i'm not stable in the slightest and have been that way for about 20 years, as well as under severe stress.

idk...today's makeup is greatly improved!! on to your question about a makeup that im sure has not done any harm to my face..the only one has been clinique makeup..i use stay matte pressed powder and blended loose powder..luuv it!