Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kairasa

Can I just stop Doxycyline?

Okay, so I've been on a regime of 100mg of Doxycycline twice a day for a month now. And I use cetaphil wash twice a day, plus Duac at night. I also moisturize with a combination of aloe vera and cetaphil cream.

In two days, my prescription runs out, and I'm wondering if my acne will go back to being shitty? I'm freaking out, and I don't have a dermo appointment until the end of the month,but he only prescribed the pills for one month, and I'm not completely clear.

Will the gel be enough or am I going to have a massive breakout in a couple of days?!

I did doxy for about a month during the summer along with Benzaclin and it helped my face and body get about 90% clear. It's been a few months since then and my face is still pretty clear but my body has been breaking out again. I, too, was worried at first about coming off of doxy but I guess the Benzaclin helped and now I don't even really apply it on my face except to spot treat. My body on the other hand....

Unfortunately abruptly stopping antibiotics breaks you out. Simple as that, however easing off of it can easily lead to no break out. Can you possible split up your last couple doses? I don't know how much it'll help though. I tried stopping abruptly and I really broke out. I went back on them and in a few months started to go down to 50mg from 100mg a day down to every other day, to every third day, to when I felt like it and they eventually ran out and I had no break outs. Maybe you should just take the breakout, refill once more and slowly get off?