Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nemt

Neck has felt very oily/itchy

For about a month the front of my neck has felt very oily and itchy throughout the day. I haven't changed anything, even anything minor, aside from taking a little more fish oil than I had been taking previously. I also haven't noticed any change in my facial/neck hair when I shave (not thicker/faster growing/etc)

What could be causing this? It's really starting to get annoying. I'm not sure if it's actually oil, or just sweat/moisture - but it can feel very uncomfortable.

I'm currently using clindamycin phosphate and retin-a micro, as well as l'oreal hydra-power moisturizer.

My neck gets very, very itchy when it's irritated, and it'll get irritated before my face. If it was me, I'd be wondering about the topicals or moisturizer. If the moisturizer has fragrance or pretty much anything else irritating, it might be the first thing to try switching out or eliminating. I pick that first over the topicals, since they're hopefully benefitting you along with any irritation. (I don't know about the oiliness.)