Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-lxl-

is antibiotics right for me??

yeah im currently on DKR which consist of using benzoyl peroxide everyday

my skin is dry, and need plenty of moisturizers... it takes me about an hour to get ready in the morning and before bed b/c of the Regimen...

i cut bak on my diet sooo much its not even funny... i dont like exercising b/c sweating...

im really wanting my normal life bak b4 my acne ever came so i was considering accutane

but i dont think that my derm is gonna put me on accutane right away before buttin me on antibiotics and whatnot

personally, i dont want to go on antibiotics, b/c i know that the antibiotic effect is gonna wear off laer... i also read that when the p.acne bacteria mutates to become resistant to the antibiotics, it probably will make acne so much worse than you ever had...

despite my hatred of antibiotics, do you guys think its worth trying before goin on accutane??

Sounds like I am in the same situation as you. I'm on the DKR and it takes me a long time with the BP, moisturizer and sunscreen. Lately, the DKR has seemed to loose effectiveness for me. I went and so a derm. and he gave me antiboitics but i am scared to use b/c i'm afraid that as soon as i stop using them my acne will get worse.

I just want my normal life back, how do i get a derm to prescribe accutane?

Its worth trying considering your age( you are quite young aren't you) to at least hold it off till you are of age to take accutane. Its better to take accutane at a later age above 18 because the body is fully developed. You don't know what will happen if you take at a younger age and it may impair your development considering accutane is already a dangerous drug.

Also if you are young, effects of accutane will also wear off and you will have to take it again sometime later. I also didn't take accutane at first, I also took antibiotics all through my teens.

Good luck in your decision and do consider carefully.

Sounds like I am in the same situation as you. I'm on the DKR and it takes me a long time with the BP, moisturizer and sunscreen. Lately, the DKR has seemed to loose effectiveness for me. I went and so a derm. and he gave me antiboitics but i am scared to use b/c i'm afraid that as soon as i stop using them my acne will get worse.

I just want my normal life back, how do i get a derm to prescribe accutane?

Not too sure about this though. Some derms are pretty lenient in prescribing accutane so you might want to find one of those. Also since your derm has already put you on antibiotics, I doubt he will hand you accutane anywhere near soon unless your condition worsen.

Somehow you always need to go through the entire line of treatments before getting accutane.

well first i was all for goin on antibiotics... but when i read through stuff about it, i had second thoughts...

i mean im not gonna go to school with blown face when im on antibiotics, becuz its gonna wear off sooner or later and probably worsen my already bad case of acne

well i dunno... im just confused rite now

Good GOD. YOU PEOPLE ARE BRAINWASHED LIKE HITLERS FOLLOWERS.

FIRST AND FOREMOST, we're de-bunking these antibiotic myths...from personal and observational experience. F*** these retarded websites and sources that like to suggest taking antibiotics for long term is unhealthy. So is drinking too much water.

Number one; Antibiotics are use tactically, so you can get your acne UNDER CONTROL. They aren't made to cure you for good. They help you get ahead of it, and keep it clear.

Number two; YOU WILL NOT , become immune to antibiotics by switching on and off to a few like Doxycycline, Minocycline, Tetracycline, Bactrim. They have DOZENS of other antibiotics to treat you with, in the event you do become sick. They have antibiotics to treat Anthrax....Cipro for example. They have stock piles of that in case of such attacks with deadly substances.

Number three; IT IS NORMAL, HEALTHY AND FINE to take antibiotics for YEARS. Yes, YEARS! They don't hurt you in any significant way, they only help. Please stop trying to tell people they should stop taking them after a few months. YOU DO NOT, NOT, NOT, NOT, need to slowly cut yourself back on the dosage after a while in hopes of slowly coming off the drug. Keep the dosage prescribed, take it, enjoy clear skin.

Number four; In the event of you coming off the antibiotics after several successful months, you find yourself worried about breaking out and going back to square one...well you won't.....so long as you know how to maintain your skin. The antibiotics should've gotten you ahead of your acne, giving you a chance to use other topicals and whatnot to treat it successfully. After you do come off antibiotics for whatever reason, you should be able to continue the topical products and have VERY good results still. I see no reason why'd you stop taking the antibiotics though. Many people here are veterans, who've been taking them for 5+ years.

Please, don't sweat it about such insignificant drugs as antibiotics. They're really equal to Advil when you come down to it.

If you have ANY problem with the statements i have made, you are either; A.) A tool

or B.) A paid employee of a fanatical health group.