Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
naughtyneighbor

question about using bp as spot treatment?

i'm using 10% bp clean&clear gel, (i only had $6 on me at the time) and i was wondering if i can use this as spot treatment before i go to bed? does it work better if i rub it in rather than leave a good amount of it lumped on the acne?

also, is this advisiable to do (putting a lump of it on) after i opened a zit or should i not cover it to help it close faster since it is exposed to air? i clean it with alcoho before to try to kill all the bacteria at the surface

thanks a bunch,

ryan

I've experienced the same thing. First off, I think if you want to clean off surface bacteria hydrogen peroxide is best. Bacteria can't live in oxygen. Next, I find that it's better to put BP on the open pimple cause it usually dries it out alot by the morning and the size goes down. As for a spot treatment on a open wound, I see no problem putting a blob on it. If you were using the BP over your whole face I would un-advise blobbing, but to spread instead. Hope this helps

Applying BP liberally on an open spot tends to work very well. If I am spot treating, I do not rub it in, but either blob it onto the spot, or gently dab it on. (Which of these depends on whether or not I want a white blob of BP cream on my face!)

You can rub it in or blob it, both are fine but most would rather blob it. Ya its better to apply it on a open zit rather then leave it exposed to the air to prevent reinfection. And I do advise against using alcohol, its very drying for the skin- not a very wise decision. BP alone is enough to kill bacteria on the surface and inside the pore, there's no need for that extra step.