Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tokra

Would you prefer someone who has acne, had acne, or a clear face...

I would prefer someone who has acne.. or had acne myself... but I only seem to find the ones with a clear face and my self esteem lowers ...

If you mean being around people, I feel more comfortable being around people with mild acne. I have a harder time maintaining eye contact with clear skinned people and focusing on the conversation, because I'm juggling the convo with internal thoughts wondering what they think of my acne.

It is irrelevant to me. As long as they are okay with the fact that I struggle to keep my skin clear.

It definately depends on personality. I mean, obviously it brings down your self-esteem if your best friend has perfect skin and you're always breaking out, but if they have a good, supportive personality, who cares?

That's what I think anyway.

i'm far less judgemental over bad skin than i am over weight , so how good or bad their skin was wouldn't bother me, i actually would in way like a girl to have quite bad acne and no nothing of how to treat it, so i can educate her and be like a Hero :D

Based on reproducing, no acne - don't want my kids to have a multiplication factor of acne.

Based on dating, acne but clear skin now - they can relate.

i would def prefer to date someone who has average acne [like me] or who has had acne in the past-i actually find it kinda a turn off when guys have beautiful clear babysoft skin [as well as the fact that it makes me jealous haha]

but ultimately i have been attracted to loads of people regardless of skin weight height colour style etc... beauty is sooo much more than just outward apperence!!!

x

Personality and compatibility are obviously the deal-breakers, but assuming he has those, then my looks preference would be as follows:

Since I am the girl in the relationship, I would want to be better looking 'overall'. We could have equal acne, his could be worse, or his could be better, so long as my total package of looks (body + face) was slightly better than his. This might explain why I like dirty/rugged more than clean/respectable types. Aka, no pretty boy male models!

The current bf has better skin, but he doesn't manage it very well, so we are in a similar acne bracket right now. Lol

Based on reproducing, no acne - don't want my kids to have a multiplication factor of acne.

Based on dating, acne but clear skin now - they can relate.

Don't mind really, i think some girls with acne r petty. I can't say a lot cuz i got ance and if i have a girlfriend with ance and she was a good person on the inside i would not give a shit, cuz if u love some on thats all that matters.