Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
un4tunate

Accutane is amazing

Hey all, just wanted to come by here and say that accutane is truly amazing...After hearing so many horror stories i thought i'd die the first week of this treatment, but it's nothing bad, i had worse side effects from doxy.

Anyway,I'm about a month and few days in and i have almost no side effects at all and my acne is almost cleared up, which is first time in seven years dealing with it. I wish i took this drug 7 years ago!!!

Anyone that's struggling with acne, get on this med now, skip the antibiotics, creams/gel bullshyt.

few notes:

-i'm on 20mg per day which i'll stay on for the remainder of the course, i weigh 170lbs

-only side effect i got is slightly dry lips about twicea week or so but nothing chapstik cant fix, i apply chapstick (im using aveeno's) once a day and my lips are fine.

-accutane is helping me gain weight which i wanted soo bad since im a hardgainer, ppl think im on steroids or something, getting big and no acne = miracle.

-my triglycerides increased by about 30 units but that's nothing bad, my derm said its common and it's not a problem

I am the exact same. 160lbs on 20mg a day. My acne has cleared up amazingly after the first 2-3 week initial breakout. It has also helped with my weight gain problems. I am always freakin hungry its awesome. My only side effects are dry T-zone area and around the mouth. But I just put on one squirt from the big cetaphil mousterizer bottle all over my face and its perfect for the rest of the day. Lips are dry but im using some blistex medicated lip ointment that seems to help. Theres probably something better I could be using but its not too bad. I notice that my face will sometimes get red but it seems to only help my complection and all my red marks just blend right in like I have a tan lol.

So far I must say I am very satisfied with this drug. However, my derm plans to put me on 50mg 2nd month and for 6 months after that. I am going to tell him no I will only go up to 30mg and if the side effects aren't too worse, I will cap out at 40mg.

Hey all, just wanted to come by here and say that accutane is truly amazing...After hearing so many horror stories i thought i'd die the first week of this treatment, but it's nothing bad, i had worse side effects from doxy.

Anyway,I'm about a month and few days in and i have almost no side effects at all and my acne is almost cleared up, which is first time in seven years dealing with it. I wish i took this drug 7 years ago!!!

Anyone that's struggling with acne, get on this med now, skip the antibiotics, creams/gel bullshyt.

few notes:

-i'm on 20mg per day which i'll stay on for the remainder of the course, i weigh 170lbs

-only side effect i got is slightly dry lips about twicea week or so but nothing chapstik cant fix, i apply chapstick (im using aveeno's) once a day and my lips are fine.

-accutane is helping me gain weight which i wanted soo bad since im a hardgainer, ppl think im on steroids or something, getting big and no acne = miracle.

-my triglycerides increased by about 30 units but that's nothing bad, my derm said its common and it's not a problem

few notes:

well, if you're on 20mg, you're not gonna experience much of the more severe side effects that some ppl get. And judging by the low dosage, your acne prolly wasnt too horrible (like cystic) to begin with? but congrats, hope u stay clear

Dude I want to start taking it so bad you have no idea. My derm. is one of those that for some reason doesn't want to put anyone on it no matter what. He's loading me up with the anibiotics and they're doing nothing; it's so frustrating.

I'm kinda in the same boat as you. I'm 20, have mild/moderate acne, and have for about 6 years. Nothing i use works, which is why i think accutane is right for me. All i hear from people is "i wish i would have taken this long ago" or whatever.

CAN SOMEONE KNOCK SOME SENSE INTO THIS DERM OF MINE?!

All i would need, like you, is a low dosage, so the side effects would only be minimal. I just do not understand why he's so adamant about staying away from accutane.

but glad to hear you found what works and good luck with the rest of your treatment.

Dude I want to start taking it so bad you have no idea. My derm. is one of those that for some reason doesn't want to put anyone on it no matter what.

ooh ya go chicagokate from chicago woo.

Ya i mean i might have to if he doesn't budge at all. Next time i go to him i'm going to ask about going on it again. if he says no then i will start looking around for another derm. I feel that i'm wasting time not being on accutane. you know?

ooh ya go chicagokate from chicago woo.

Ya i mean i might have to if he doesn't budge at all. Next time i go to him i'm going to ask about going on it again. if he says no then i will start looking around for another derm. I feel that i'm wasting time not being on accutane. you know?