Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gravv

Worth getting a cortizone shot?

I've been breaking out near my temples a lot lately. I don't seem to understand why. I have a big cyst on my left side and was wondering if its worth getting a cortizone shot to bring it down. I've had it for some time and it just wont go away. I recently started tetracycline, 3 days ago, hoping that helps. Please tell me what you guys think?

image%202.jpg

image%201.jpg

image%203.jpg

image%204.jpg

If you're talking about that little papule next to your eye I would say no ... those are what I wish I had, but then again if it is bothering you then maybe you should. Its not really a decision we can make for you.

I've just been braking out pretty bad around my eye there. nothing really changed, i just dont want things to go from bad to worse

Basically the shots are my bestfriend so I would go for it. Have you had it for a while or is it a new zit, because if it is new it could still get bigger. I'm no doctor but cortizone shots have worked wonders for me.

I've never been to a derm, how do you find a good one. I'm with Kaiser, i'm not sure if i can go throug them. Do you just look a Derm up in the phone book?

You can either see if your primary doctor can recommend you, talk with friends and family and ask if they know of any, or last choice you can look in a phone book/internet. Also make sure your insurance will cover that specific clinic or doctor because then it could end up being very expensive.

If you are from MN I can give you some recs!

Thanks for all the advice. The Derm put on tetracyline, so we'll see how htat goes. I hope it doesnt make things worse :(. I've got high expectations for it though. Lets see what happens

I've never been to a derm, how do you find a good one. I'm with Kaiser, i'm not sure if i can go throug them. Do you just look a Derm up in the phone book?