Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pinkyamo

Anyone please suggest something gentle but works

Hi everyone, I read so many reviews tonight on so many products, seriously, I have no idea what to get. Every product, there are people who are saying the products have ruined their faces and such. Can you guys suggest anything to me after reading my situation? I have very sensitive skin, I get allergic reaction even from Proactive, my skin cannot take all the dying side effects and it even crusts sometimes(i read that it's a sign of allergy) I usually only get a few big pimples before that time of the month. I'm really desperate to find treatments that work for my skin due to the recent servere breakouts. I ate Indian curry everyday for a week, next thing I know I have 5 huge pimples lined up on the side of my face, and it took them two weeks to become smaller(now almost flat, I used biotherm's acne treatment, did not find it very effective)Well, I'm at the point where I'm depressed every day becasue those pimples have ruined large areas of my face. I have dark red spots left on the two sides of my face, I just want to cry when I see them. Some of them still have little bumps underneath. Can you guys please help me by suggesting some effective products for clearing the marks and treating new breakouts? My skin is very sensitive, I really can't seem to anything that works. Thanks.

I too have sensitive skin and fortunately I cannot find something that works. Aqua Glycolic cleanser is wonderful for redmarks but lately it hasnt been that great in preventing new acne. Anyway, I hope you find something that works for you and welcome to acne.org :)

Hi there! Have you been to a dermatologist yet? That should be one of your first steps now that you've tried many over the counter products. Make sure you tell your dermatologist that your skin is sensitive. Also use the products as directed, for as long as directed.

In the interim, be sure you're using a sensitive skin cleanser like Purpose or Cetaphil. Use warm, not hot water when you wash. Hot water will increase sensitivity reactions and inflammation. A final cool water rinse will help your skin feel more calm, too.

Also check out the Aleve thread for information on taking Aleve (naproxen sodium) to counter the premenstrual, hormonal acne you speak of. It helps many! :)

Products that help clear up red marks and some inflammatory acne (the red, pustular kind) and comedonal acne (blackheads and whiteheads) include glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and other similar exfoliative products. They do take getting used to, and consistent application.

Please remember that almost all products will cause an initial breakout, but that does not mean the product is not working or is not going to work. The initial breakout is an indication that your skin is purging, and expelling all that stuff you didn't even know you had under the skin! If one continues to use a product like glycolic acid, salicylic acid, retinoids, etc, the skin will get better, but it does take time, patience and effort.

You're not alone! :)

Good luck and welcome to acne.org! :)

I'll move this post to the over the counter medication forum, as your question isn't directly related to the acne.org regimen.

hi doll! you have sensitive skin JUST like me. I'm oily too, but really sensitive. I too will get pimples when I eat spicy food (causes me to perspire and also secrete sebum). Why not check out my regimen (in my sig). I also have a personal regimen log, just go over to that forum.

My recommendations: Aloe Vera Gel (the higher percentage of aloe, the better!) as moisturizer. A fragrance free, gentle, normal face wash. It's better if it was clear too!

As for acne control, if you must... use salicylic acid creams/gels. Try clean and clear. Just a little dab on the cluster of pimples. Once they're gone, the aloe vera gel (should) help your skin strengthen and prevent new spots. This is only MY theory, though. But, let me tell you, my skin has been improving. So give it a try. The emphasis is Aloe and BASIC skin care.

another thing: Make sure SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE never touches your facial skin. It it lathers, it probably has sodium laureth sulfate.

btw, I used to be the type of person that spent hundreds of dollars on facewashes, scrubs, creams, masks, and what not. Did more harm than good.

Hi everyone, I read so many reviews tonight on so many products, seriously, I have no idea what to get. Every product, there are people who are saying the products have ruined their faces and such. Can you guys suggest anything to me after reading my situation? I have very sensitive skin, I get allergic reaction even from Proactive, my skin cannot take all the dying side effects and it even crusts sometimes(i read that it's a sign of allergy) I usually only get a few big pimples before that time of the month. I'm really desperate to find treatments that work for my skin due to the recent servere breakouts. I ate Indian curry everyday for a week, next thing I know I have 5 huge pimples lined up on the side of my face, and it took them two weeks to become smaller(now almost flat, I used biotherm's acne treatment, did not find it very effective)Well, I'm at the point where I'm depressed every day becasue those pimples have ruined large areas of my face. I have dark red spots left on the two sides of my face, I just want to cry when I see them. Some of them still have little bumps underneath. Can you guys please help me by suggesting some effective products for clearing the marks and treating new breakouts? My skin is very sensitive, I really can't seem to anything that works. Thanks.

Proactive Solution is a waste of money. I tried because of the commericals and thought it would be cheaper than the Mary Kay regime I had been using. I had a reaction to the original solution, which seemed to have been working but I wasn’t able to use it long enough to really tell if it was just coincidental or not. It caused itchy bumps like eczema, which I already know I’m susceptible to. So, they sent me the “Gentle Formula” which is salicylic acid instead of benzoyl peroxide and it caused me more breakouts than ever – I was so embarrassed. I cancelled my subscription and went back to my Mary Kay regimen (Time Wise cleanser (combination/oily), blemish control toner #3, acne treatment gel and their oil control moisturizer #3 – it’s $60 about every 3-4 months) and the results are fabulous (just a matter of days), just as I remembered prior to Proactive. I swear by it. I wash my face morning and night, followed by the toner and I use a small amount of the acne treatment gel on my fingers and apply it to my entire face, then use the moisturizer. Mary Kay's acne treatment getl is 5% BP and doesn't seem to bother me. The toner is salicylic acid.