Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andrea

Initial breakout with Minocycline? WILL IT EVER GO AWAY??

Hi,

I used Minocycline for about 6 months and it cleared my acne up (this was about a year ago). I was clear ever since until I had a huge breakout this December. I started taking minocycline again, and I was wondering is my acne getting worse because there is an initial breakout with this medication? Or is it just bad because its BAD? If not, how many weeks before it clears up? Please reply!!!

I believe there is a sort of breakout associated with every acne medication whatever it may be. As for minocin I can't really say much except as all things do it got worse before it got better, and although it made my face clearer, it never fully worked for me, which is why I'm on accutane now. Best Wishes Urscrewed

Antibiotics do not cause initial breakouts. All an antibiotic does is reduce the number of targeted bacteria. It does not bring the gunk up out of your pores like Retin-A or Differin. If your acne flares when taking an antibiotic, you should look to other factors for the cause. It is just a coincidence.

Hey, it'll go away. When I started Minocycline I had a HUGE breakout after the first weeks. ...then it subsided and wah la, clear skin. Although, it was never fully clear. Minocycline wasnt that effective for me which is why Im thinking of the tane.