Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GutsNGlory

My accutane seems to not be working

This is my third day on it and though my face looks a tad bit better my back is still the same. the cysts have not dried and my chest and back are not dry at all which i hear is not a good sign. I am wondering if my dosage is too low.

I am 6 foot 1.5

170 pounds and im 40 mg once a day

I am thinking that my dosage may be too low and that is why my back and chest are not drying. Does it take longer for the back and chest to dry?

This is my third day on it and though my face looks a tad bit better my back is still the same. the cysts have not dried and my chest and back are not dry at all which i hear is not a good sign. I am wondering if my dosage is too low.

I am 6 foot 1.5

170 pounds and im 40 mg once a day

I am thinking that my dosage may be too low and that is why my back and chest are not drying. Does it take longer for the back and chest to dry?

uhmmm WTF? i didn't notice much difference till about 3 weeks, you gotta be patient, you got another 6 months to go!

I agree. The only difference I noticed in the first 3 weeks was my lips drying slightly. I have now been on it 5 weeks and my lips are very dry, my skin is a lot less oily, I have dry skin on my face, neck and chest, and I am starting to see an improvement.

Tane takes a while to kick in, but when it does begin to have an effect, you really will notice it. Don't expect to see any real changes in the first month, but it will help you :)

Oh, also...I'd advise that when an area begins to get dry, moisturise it well, and continuously. When my neck got dry I missed a day because it seemed alright but I wore a polo neck and it gave me a nasty rash.

Hey buddy, everyone else is right on. I'm 195 pounds and I've been on 100mg/ day for 2 months, just started my third. It's not magic, takes time. I noticed a change near the end of the first month. I'd give it at least a month before u expect to see increasing improvement.

It really varies from person to person. I am now noticing gradual improvements after 5 weeks, but I am by no means clear and still get spots, just not as many or as bad as before. Once your oil subsides you should start to see gradual improvements. Some people are clear within a month, others in 2-3 months, others at the end of their course, others a few months after finishing, some not at all....there's no rule for everyone.

I'm sure I read once that the oilier you were before tane, the more chance it has of working also.

When i first took it it was in pulse doses so it didnt do a great job. The first seven days it turned severe acne into mild but since it was pulse doses it wore off.

Im guessing in a few weeks i will see some awesome results and in a few months i will see huge results.

I'm about to go in for my 3 month blood work (in 2 weeks or so), and I didnt really start noticing any differences on my body until a couple of weeks ago. My face is clearing up and my body is mostly red marks (one or two actives left)...

When i started my course, I didn't notice any side effects at all until about the 2nd or 3rd week. I was worried I was on a low dose (40mg x2 a day), but alas, the side effects came. I can't leave the house now without lip balm (Damn the cold!!!), and my ears get warm every day now and really red. It's a weird feeling.

Anyway, just gie it time is what i'm sayin - tan44 is right.

I am about 3 1/2 months through and I'm just starting to see results. My derm told me it could take a while and i have heard several people day they broke out until the end and then cleared up. Your derm should have given you more info.

Pulse doses are like for instance, I took accutane for the first 7 days of every month for 6 months. The results on the first dose were amazing. After that it has stayed moderate. The other pulse doses did nothing. It was a 20 mg for me.

Hey, I know when you start taking accutane you think you may be one of the rare ones who clear instantly (but that is RARE). I am on day 54 and I am still breaking out (although my back, chest and forehead are clear). It takes awhile for your skin to get all the unclogged mess out from under your skin. BELIEVE ME I know how much you want immediate results, but it will probablly be months before you notice a huge change. Just hang in there...it will be worth it!!