Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
travelgirl1

Micro Retin A has done wonders..

My daughter, who has fought acne for over a year, went to the Dermatologist and

he prescribed her the lowest dose of retin a cream (generic treotin spelling wrong)

She used this from the 5Aug07 until about 7Oct07, so 8 full weeks.

During this time her skin became so much worse, which we knew would happen.

The breakouts were worse, the face was so red and peeling. She used bare essentuals

make up which really helped her during this time. By the end of the 8 weeks, her skin was looking better. Not great. So 2 weeks ago, she was switched to Retin A MICRO. She went through the dryness and peeling again for about a week and this week SHE IS LOOKING LIKE HER OLD SELF AGAIN. BEAUTIFUL SKIN.. and its getting better everyday. It has been a long tough road, but glad she stuck to it and really glad she switched to Retin A MICRO. This is really the best Retin A. She likes the way it feels better, the derm admitted that it was a better product (why didnt we have from the beginning I ASKED ???? !!!! ) and it has gotten her over the final hump.. from "ok" skin to GREAT SKIN. If you are on Retin A and are getting discouraged, please listen to our story. And our derm told us it could take up to 6 months. Stick to it ! You will never know until you give it a chance. And its gonna get worse before it gets better.

Now- the only products she uses it Clinique Liquid Mild Soap and the Clinique gel lotion for oily skin. and the retin A micro.

I've been using a .025% tretinoin cream (now a gel) for 4 months with minimal improvement for my comedal acne. I'm hoping the gel will be a little better, as its supposedly more "potent" than the cream.

Do you know what the difference between regular tretinoin and retin-a micro is?

And what concentration is your daughter using?

the retin-a micro is a time released formula. i'm switching from it to the gel because my new insurance won't cover the micro formula. the cream can be too emollient for some. i have oily skin and know the cream wouldn't do well for me. i was on the RAM .1% having never used a retinoid before and had minimal irritation or issues. but again, it is time released and more moisturizing than the normal gel formula. i'm switching to the gel .01% but i am mostly clear now and i have been told that the normal gel, though the % is lower, can be stronger because of the base. hope that helps some!

^Yes, it does thanks. I didn't have much problem with the cream drying me once I adjusted, but I think it clogged my pores & caused these tiny red pimples I've never had before. I am hoping the the gel is better. I think I should adjust okay to it; my skin is super oily too and I moisturize well.

i use tretinoin [retin-a] and ive been using it for alot of months

my skin is like completely acne-free...all im dealing is with blackheads