Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stapleton22

First Day of DKR with DK 2.5 BP

So, I have decided to stop using my tazorac cream since my acne is mostly cleared up. I just get a few breakouts here and there. I am also trying to get rid of some mild scars. I just got the DK 2.5 Benz Perox and I hope it will work for me as it has for so many. My new regimen goes as so

Cetaphil Antibacterial soap-(been using for about a year now works good for me)

Dans BP 2.5%

Lacticaid AHA moisturizing lotions-(works good recommended by Dermo)

I will probably do this regimen both morning and night. I am not able to decide if I want to put the BP on in the morning since I run throughout the day and sweat a lot.

I will keep everybody posted. Wish me luck haven't been on over the counter products for about a year now. LETS SEE IF IT WORKS!!!!!!!! :clap: i KNOW IM READY to go back to the way it used to be!!!!

I'm a bit concerned when you say your acne is cleared up so you're stopping the Tazorac. The Tazorac was probably what was keeping it under control. Are you sure you want to stop it?

well, it is keeping under control. Of course you can say that because that is what it should do. but for the mostp art it is making my face pretty red and irritated. It is also not stopping my breakouts. It'd be nice to kind of relax from it for a while and see if somethign else will work. Truely, I have been using tazorac for a year now and I wouldn't switch out from it inless I felt it wasn't working enough for me. Well, also when I say that my acne isn't as bad anymore. I mean that I used to have it very bad on my chin I mean very bad. I got everything to go away except for the severe scarring. But, the tazorac doesn't seem to be stopping my breakouts from occuring and my right chin is pretty scarred. My left side is just acne that I get every now and then from breakouts. The rest of my face seems to have always been good. But thank you a lot for the concern I do appreciate it a lot. I will tell you how everything goes.

well just put on my first BP ever in my entire life. Seems very tingly at first. It's startingto go away though. Is pretty tacky but I will get used to it after a while I know. I need to go moisturize though. Peace.

Just thought I would let you know that I recently did the same thing you did. My situation also sounds exactly like yours.

I have been on differin for about 8 months, but due to it being too expensive I decided to give this regimen a try.

I couldn't be happier that I switched. My skin looks great! I did do the differin every other night for a couple weeks though and BP every other night. I also run a lot during the day and sweat so I only do a full face of BP at night. Then I spot treat in the mornings. Hope this helps.

for real thank you so much. Man that helps a lot man thank. Yea im always runnin after school so ima just do what you do. I used to just spot treat in the mornin also and put my tazorac on at nigt so ill probly go back to spottin in the morning and BP at night. Hey when you first started the BP though was it just a slight bit irritating. Thats how all medications that ive used are though so through experience i expect it. I also take fish oil omega 3 pills and clearcomplex liek zinc pills or sumin idk maybe that will help. But man I am glad I can relate.Keep postin man thanks.

No prob bro.

Yeah it was a little irritating at first, but doing the BP every other day and the tazorac the other days for a couple weeks should help your skin adjust better. That's what I did. And don't start out using a full finger of BP unless you have a face of steel haha.

well BP is goin good, havn't had a bad breakout in forever, cept a got some nasty red cheecks now itd be nice to have my brown skin again but whatever