Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was really interested in using a honey mask as i heard its very antibacterial, and i cant stand BP. I was wondering if regular honey works or if it has to be manuka honey? I cant find manuka anywhere, and the closest health food store said they can order it but its very expensive, never gave me a price or called me back. So i was hoping regular honey works, any help would be cool.

you could do the aspirin mask and use honey with it.

that's the way how i use honey as a mask.

the aspirin mask's best ingredient in the recipe for it is honey..

also..

Aquaphor is very good at healing any pimple that has just been popped too

I was really interested in using a honey mask as i heard its very antibacterial, and i cant stand BP. I was wondering if regular honey works or if it has to be manuka honey? I cant find manuka anywhere, and the closest health food store said they can order it but its very expensive, never gave me a price or called me back. So i was hoping regular honey works, any help would be cool.

Haha yea, that helped a lot. I kept looking it up on google and had websites tell me that you should use manuka honey, but its almost $25-30 a bottle and my mom told me just to grab a normal cheap honey bottle from walmart. So im glad someone else agrees with her, I might try the exfoliating mix to. Thanks again.

Honey masks are awesome. It does not matter what kind of honey you use because it is all pretty much the same except for maybe small taste differences.

You can try throwing some ground cinnamon in the mix. It's supposed to have anti-bacterial/anti-microbial properties. Exfoliating, too, and smells divine!

I have used honey masks for about 1 month. I absolutly love them. I would recoment getting raw honey though. It doesnt cost that much more than regular honey. Regular honey at the store has been heated to over 170 degrees to make for ease of pouring, but that also kills alot of the antibactirial properties. Very much worth a couple extra dollars. (get at heath food stores etc.)

Haha thanks. I picked one up the other day, my Giant grocery store has an all natural section and I got it from there. It said pure/raw/natural so i figured that was the one.

Another question though, is there any type of purging with honey masks? I was scared to try it, I always am with new things, but I did the other night and when I woke up the next morning I had about 5 or 6 inflamed bumps. Not sure if it was from the honey or if they were already ganging up on me, haha. I also wasnt sure if it clogged pores though since its so thick and sticky. :)