Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ireallyhateacne

Cyst on acne scar

I've had this acne scar on my face for about 2 yrs now and it gradually fades but almost every 2-3 months i get this cystic pimple that grows on it. IT'S ALWAYS grows at the same place. It's always those big ones with no head. Dan's bp does nothing to it. But is there a product or something i can do that won't be costly to end this?!?!?

hey, is the scar a lumpy scar?

I have this situation. That "scar" is actually not a scar. Its actually a latent cyst with its plug still lodged in the pore.

i have had countless of "scars" like that--one for around 2 years too. one day, the plug just came out....it was a hard, fibrous long plug. The scar resolved in 2 days after the plug came out.

hey, is the scar a lumpy scar?

I have this situation. That "scar" is actually not a scar. Its actually a latent cyst with its plug still lodged in the pore.

i have had countless of "scars" like that--one for around 2 years too. one day, the plug just came out....it was a hard, fibrous long plug. The scar resolved in 2 days after the plug came out.

well it's lumpy for a few weeks then it gets flat....right when it starts to slowly dissappear a HUGE cysts comes out of nowhere......starting to piss me off. The first time i had it there i remember popping it with a needle(i put it in alcohol). But i guess that didnt matter cause i pressed the stuff out and i read somewhere that when you press it to get that stuff out it just causes the bacteria to go in deeper....maybe that's why. BUT WOW i really gets me mad when i wake up on that day finding this huge lump.

Maybe get it injected with cortesone :shrug:

last time i got one it hurt like hell @[email protected] and it cost me $50, i only use it for last resort. But in this case i don't have anything important coming up i'm just pissed that it continously comes back when it starts to dissapear.

Something that continues to recur may need to be incised, injected, or medicated. Incision is of course surgical procedure by MD. Injection is the cortisone suggestion. Medicated: antibiotic, topical or internal.

Also, another option is a chemical exfoliant as Molly suggests. That may help the plug extrude.