LDL: 137

HDL: 57

Triglycerides: 70

Current fasting lipid panel (2 months into a 60mg course):

Total: 168

LDL: 100

HDL: 48

Triglycerides: 99

After getting that first reading I *did* change my diet around and started getting more exercise, but that doesn't explain why my HDL went down. Is tane supposed to lower HDL as well?

I was also curious as to whether tane has an effect on fasting blood glucose. I'm pretty underweight and my doctor checked mine as part of an overall metabolic panel and it was 94, which I guess is the high end of the normal range. Didn't have it checked prior to tane, so I'm not sure if there's a relationship or not.

Thanks.

Pre-tane fasting lipid panel:

Total: 208

LDL: 137

HDL: 57

Triglycerides: 70

Current fasting lipid panel (2 months into a 60mg course):

Total: 168

LDL: 100

HDL: 48

Triglycerides: 99

After getting that first reading I *did* change my diet around and started getting more exercise, but that doesn't explain why my HDL went down. Is tane supposed to lower HDL as well?

I was also curious as to whether tane has an effect on fasting blood glucose. I'm pretty underweight and my doctor checked mine as part of an overall metabolic panel and it was 94, which I guess is the high end of the normal range. Didn't have it checked prior to tane, so I'm not sure if there's a relationship or not.

Thanks.

Yeah, I'm like 5'11" and about 125 lbs. Hah. I guess I just need to gain like 10 lbs to be on the low end of the "normal" weight range for my height, but no matter how much I eat it doesn't seem to help. I think I just have to wait for my metabolism to slow down. Or lift weights.

you didn't consider asking your doctor? the change is pretty small. im guessing the unit is mg/dl and it seems to be medium level. and fyi, lowering your HDL is not considered good. more excersise increases hdl levels.

I see my derm today, actually. I'll ask.

And I know lowering HDL isn't good, but I'm already getting quite a bit of exercise so I can only assume the drop is due to Accutane.

I'm actually probably getting MORE exercise than I was when my HDL was higher.

Same thing happened to me except my Triglycerides went down too. I exercise 4-6 times a week and I know that's the reason why. My derm said it's nothing to be concerned about.

Hi,

I just got my third month blood work back ( first time on 'tane, female over 40, weigh 138, height 5'7") and I have had a problem with my triglycerides going WAY up. I had to start taking Triclor to combat the problem. The first three blood tests went from 170-289-365 or something like that. This month they went down to 291, and my total cholesterol is 226 which is high for me. Did anyone else have this problem? Is this my body trying to make up for the loss of lubrication? I eat exactly the same diet and am in very good shape and weigh 138. I seem to have gained some fat on my stomach which coincides with the rise in triglycerides. It's like my body is fighting the accutane off.

Curious to hear from any of you.