Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dead End

Why is there no CURE yet?

How goddamn long are we gonna have to wait? It seems everything is advancing at an astronomical rate, yet no one is trying in this field. If its such a big joke (to some people) than why are doctors/researches unable to find anything that works? And I mean a CURE. Not a "treatment", not a "possible solution", no waste-of-money crap like that, I mean a pill or an injection that you take and in a few days its all over and done with forever. Like chicken pox or something.

Because I don't know anymore. You can keep going and going and going till your legs break and you can't see or breathe, and then what? When the f*** will this be over with? How much goddamn more of this crap do I have to take? Till every possible youthful experience is wasted or destroyed by this crap?

I am going to combust, I am not joking.

How goddamn long are we gonna have to wait? It seems everything is advancing at an astronomical rate, yet no one is trying in this field. If its such a big joke (to some people) than why are doctors/researches unable to find anything that works? And I mean a CURE. Not a "treatment", not a "possible solution", no waste-of-money crap like that, I mean a pill or an injection that you take and in a few days its all over and done with forever. Like chicken pox or something.

Because I don't know anymore. You can keep going and going and going till your legs break and you can't see or breathe, and then what? When the f*** will this be over with? How much goddamn more of this crap do I have to take? Till every possible youthful experience is wasted or destroyed by this crap?

I am going to combust, I am not joking.

Their is no cure for acne, because acne is hormonal, has to do with lifestyle, how you eat, and how you live.

And, the only experiences you're going to miss are those you miss because you let it get to you. My acne was (partly still is when I don't take care of it) moderate to severe, but I did not let that stop me. From a misuse of lactic acid at one point I had the skin burnt off on the right side of my face, but I still went places and did things. I actually laughed at it.

Acne isn't always based on lifestyle. Think about all the people who eat pure shit and don't take care of themselves. Do all of them have acne? Not even close.

It CAN be a lifestyle/dietary thing, but that's not necessarily the case. That's only one possible cause.

I think we can all agree that acne goes way beyond a simple vanity concern like....I don't know. Wrinkles. It severely fucks with your self-image.

wasn't the specific thing called seabum(sp?), which was linked with hair growth? The solution must be to find a way to stop it from breaking out on the face (or anywhere else) without screwing up something else. It is a substance or bacteria that needs to be eliminated or controlled. And they've done a million things more complicated than that.

this thread is a bit ridiculous. even though you might feel like you are in the worst position ever, there are actually a lot of diseases that are a lot worse than acne: cancer, renal failure, heart conditions, to name a few, and those still don't have perfect cures either, the medications can be expensive, can have a lot of side-effects and still are not able to permanently cure the patient. accutane is, in that respect, quite a good drug, it's difficult for a few months, and for people without an insurance it's expensive, but for most people it permantly, or at least for a long time, clears their acne without any severe lasting side-effects. of course things can always be improved, but to demand that it be here now, cheap, fast and without side effects, in other words, perfect, is a bit silly.

this thread is a bit ridiculous. even though you might feel like you are in the worst position ever, there are actually a lot of diseases that are a lot worse than acne: cancer, renal failure, heart conditions, to name a few, and those still don't have perfect cures either, the medications can be expensive, can have a lot of side-effects and till are not able to permanently cure the patient. accutane is, in that respect, quite a good drug, it's difficult for a few months, and for people without an insurance it's expensive, but for most people it permantly, or at least for a long time, clears their acne without any severe lasting side-effects. of course things can always be improved, but to demand that it be here now, cheap, fast and without side effects, in other words, perfect, is a bit silly.

They have to understand the root cause before anyone can think of a cure. Hell maybe they do have ideas how to cure it, but people who profit from acne would loose big bucks.

this thread is a bit ridiculous. even though you might feel like you are in the worst position ever, there are actually a lot of diseases that are a lot worse than acne: cancer, renal failure, heart conditions, to name a few, and those still don't have perfect cures either, the medications can be expensive, can have a lot of side-effects and till are not able to permanently cure the patient. accutane is, in that respect, quite a good drug, it's difficult for a few months, and for people without an insurance it's expensive, but for most people it permantly, or at least for a long time, clears their acne without any severe lasting side-effects. of course things can always be improved, but to demand that it be here now, cheap, fast and without side effects, in other words, perfect, is a bit silly.

silly?

it is silly to wish for one day to be able to go out and not look like a piece of trash?

Well call me a freakin' clown then.

And I know very well there are worse diseases. This has nothing to do with that. I am talking specifically about the research into acne, how it is leading nowhere. For me, acutane left me with no results and no money. Do "most" really get cured through it? If so, lucky me - I'm the special few who are still screwed.

Hell maybe they do have ideas how to cure it, but people who profit from acne would loose big bucks.

that's pretty much it. same thing for the cures for other diseases. Scientists are creating new life forms out of nothing, seems strange they are so helpless in dealing with original organisms.

alright here's what you do let doctors do medical testing on you then use the procedes to enter the lottery win the lottery use funds to go to college get a phd become a scientist cure acne rake in more money cure everything aaaaaaaaand your jesus

Well said. I agree.

Acne isn't always based on lifestyle. Think about all the people who eat pure shit and don't take care of themselves. Do all of them have acne? Not even close.

It CAN be a lifestyle/dietary thing, but that's not necessarily the case. That's only one possible cause.