Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coolcat

went to derm and was precribed...

went to derm with a bunch of inflamed acne and red marks and was prescribed...

100mg of minocycline a day

clindoxly gel (clindamycin 1% and benzoyl peroxide 5%)

does anyone have any experience with these ... what should i expect..

OK its only been 4 days and i do have to say i thin its working I've had nothing new so far at all... and I'm used to getting new zits everyday... and i know for a fact the minocycline hasn't kicked in it... :D ... at first i thought it was a coincidence... but three mornings I've woken up to nothing new... thats ridiculous..

I've heard good things about that gel. Sounds positive for now so keep up the positive thoughts. I think topical anti's either work beautifully, or not at all.

minocine sux... adoxa is way better (from my experience)... but antibiotics arent a "long term" cure... i became immune to it (after 9 months)... now im on BC pills... but the side effects suck!!! (adoxa worked best and had no side effects...i miss it sooooooooo much!!!).. u may get dry skin from the 5% bp... just to warn you

yeah ive used 5% bp before twice a day.. didnt do anything... so i asked why would she prescribe me it if all it did was dry out my skin....but today is the fourth morning no dryness(weird) no new break out....i am seriously amazed... this gel is supposed to make my skin look worse for the first 2 weeks. the doctor said this conbination would take at least a month to see any effects... i cant stop touching my face... i know i shouldn't but it feels.... smooth :o:D i mean it still look like someone shat on my face cuz of all the red marks... but they will hopefully fade in time ... :D

awwe dam i got 2 new ones.... but they are tiny and in places then i definetly didnt apply the cream to... oh well.. im still loving it

oh jeez i just broke out super bad on one side of my face... the other side seems to be doing alright...im hoping this is part of the initial break out phase... :(

i dont like Bp as a choice to long-term results.

anyway, any acne topical treatments take about 3 months to shows results.

adapalene 0,1% + clindamycin 1% gel regulates skin keratinization, I like that one :D

BP only oxidates skin+bacteria, right?

go on with your treatment, but, in my opinion, BP is for spot treatment.

prevention = retinoids + antibiotics

cya :)

I would ask your doc to add a retnoid cream, because retnoid creams are crucial and effective for long term acne clearing. Anti biotics and Clyndamycin with BP clear up existing acne in short term, but from experience they lose effect maybe after 5+ months of use.

If your doc will put you on a retnoid, don't be scared if you get a lot of breakouts in the beginning; it means it's working.

I've used minocycline for half a year, and it works okay as a daily treatment. No side effects other than the lesser nausea you get sometimes...

It works good blowing away all incoming 'infections', and I don't get as many pustules any longer. But nodules and papules doesn't respond to it at all.

ya its definitely not working at all so all i think i just lucked out the first few days.... do i stick to it or go back or what...

ya its definitely not working at all so all i think i just lucked out the first few days.... do i stick to it or go back or what...

well i can see some super shallow scarring... which scares the hell out of me.. and ive had acne for a long time... and ive never gotten the slightest bit of scarring... im kinda worried that is may be this crap....and actually i don't pay my derm.. im Canadian EVERYTHING is FREE

Generally what happens for most people is that the first week is nice and clear and pumps you up, but usually around the second~ week you start breaking out like mad. After you get through that though, you'll start clearing up. So keep at it for at least a month I'd say.

Once your acne is clear, you can assess if you do indeed have shallow scarring. The good news is that shallow scarring can greatly improve with a retinoid like Retin A or Tazorac. I'm noting nice improvement with my admittedly haphazard applications of Green Cream (that's a non-prescription strength retinoid). Retinoids help collagen form and also changes the structure of the skin in a good, healing way.

So you might ask your derm for a low to mid strength retinoid once you're clear, or see what he/she says about using one now. But if you do use a retinoid, please be prepared for an initial breakout as well. Retinoids won't show efficacy until at least three months and in those three months, you'll have about 15 months of pimples! Bleh, but very worth it!

uh oh i have a massive something on my cheek is like really big and deep under my skin.. ive just been icing it what should i do with it lol :S

Whatever you do, DON'T TOUCH IT. Icing it is a good idea, to keep swelling and inflammation down. If it hurts, you could pop an Advil or Aleve for the pain. Hopefully it will resolve on its own without a big mess.