Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
honey_bee

Jojoba oil-to Maja oranyone who knows

Maya you mentioned you use jojoba oil for moisturizing.I was wondering if you could explain the benefits and where you purchase it?Thanks ~Leah~

honey_bee

I'm in the UK and bought it from a health store called Holland and Barrett - it costs around £4 (US$6?) for a bottle but lasts for a good 4-6 months. You should be able to get it from most health stores - look out for 100% jojoba oil, or do a search on the net.

It's an amazing moisteriser and useful for balancing skin - this is, if you use it on dry skin or oily skin it still balances it. Somehow it seems to mimic the skins own needs.

I know a lot of people (acne sufferers) who use this and it definately does not break you out. I use it at night and leave it on, just a small amount is needed, also rub it into your hands and nails. You can also rub it into your hair and scalp and then wash off after 30 minutes (or leave it overnight) and this makes your hair feel really soft.

One of my better investments!

crushhhh859

I normally get mine from a shop but I just did a quick web search for you and the following site delivers to Europe form the UK

http://www.worldwideshoppingmall.co.uk/bod...-oil-jojoba.asp

but maybe you can just do a jojoba oil search on yahoo.com and it should bring up some more suppliers.

Make sure it's 100% jojoba oil and if you can get organic, even better.