Notifications
Clear all

Prep & Prime

MemberMember
(@ohsailor)

Posted : 10/30/2007 4:03 pm

I adore my MAC concealer & powder foundation however halfway through the day, my skin quite obviously has make-up on and can look somewhat "mask-like".

I was wondering if anyone used Prep & Prime by MAC to deal with that...? And if so, did you find that it broke you out or clogged your pores? [i break out easily]

Is it worth it or is there something else anyone can recommend?

MemberMember
(@lu-lu-belle)

Posted : 10/31/2007 1:04 pm

is the make-up just oxidizing on your skin and turning color, or are you talking about adding blotting powder and getting a cakey look? i used mac make-up for awhile, and while i don't use primer, i used and still use the fix+ spray. this stuff is awesome! if you're having a problem with looking cakey, just spray this stuff on, and it takes it away. i always use this to set my make-up. if you're having problems with the color changing, i don't know if there's anyway to help with that. you might just have to change to a different mac foundation.

i was interested at one time in checking out prep & prime. i looked at reviews on make up alley, and i think they were overall favorable. you might want to check out there too. i think mac will also give you a sample if you ask for it. then you can determine whether or not you actually want to buy it.

MemberMember
(@ohsailor)

Posted : 10/31/2007 2:08 pm

The colour is fine - its more to do with the make-up becoming very visible half way through the day, almost like it separates, kind of...?

MemberMember
(@lu-lu-belle)

Posted : 10/31/2007 3:19 pm

huh. i've heard of this happening, but it's never happened to me. which foundation are you using?

MemberMember
(@max-attack)

Posted : 10/31/2007 4:41 pm

MAC Powder foundation does that. ;x I'm a guy, and thank god I didn't wear it out in public. Always try at home first. ^^

MemberMember
(@lu-lu-belle)

Posted : 10/31/2007 5:46 pm

i don't know why make-up does that..... is it liquid foundation? maybe you need to shake it up better before you put it on? i dunno..... sorry. if it's powder, it must be the way it interacts with the sebum in your skin.... i wish i could be of more help. i'm thinking though that you'll just have to change to a different foundation. if you really like it, try a primer. it'll create a barrier for you and maybe prevent this occurrence.

MemberMember
(@max-attack)

Posted : 10/31/2007 5:48 pm

Put some lotion on your hand, and some foundation, mix and try that. Should help a lot.

MemberMember
(@amy-loftis)

Posted : 06/12/2017 12:17 pm

I love my MAC Prep and Prime. I have highly sensitive skin and it is the only primer that doesn't break me out! It also leaves my skin nice and refreshed while keeping my makeup on ALL DAY. Just spray a little bit because it goes a long way. :)

MemberMember
(@jamris12)

Posted : 06/13/2017 2:11 pm

I have heard good things about Mac prep and prime, but I've never used it myself. I have really sensitive skin, and bareminerals prime time worked great for me. What's also great about that primer is you only have to use very little for each application. I'm curious if anyone has tried elf's primer for acne prone skin. That's something I keep forgetting to try.