Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
m00sie

Best and worst comments you have ever received about your makeup :D

So i was putting on makeup tonight (procrastinating :P have a stupid essay due tomorrow) and i was thinking about the good and bad things people have said about my makeup.

The best compliment was from a friend of mine who said "wow, you look really nice with makeup on", and the worst was from an ex gf-the conversation went something like this:

her: why are you wearing makeup?

me: because my skin is really crappy at the moment and i want to cover it up

her: well i dont know why you bother, i can still see your crappy skin underneath

I suppose i should be grateful for her honesty...albeit brutal lol

What have been the best and worst comments about your makeup?

Probably the best was that my makeup looks so natural it doesn't seem like I wear any. She prefaced it by saying I'm really pretty, so I know she meant it in a good way haha. I have never had negative comments said about my makeup to me, but who knows...people could have said things behind my back. :confused:

Oddly . . .

Best: Boyfriend- "Awll Baby, you look pretty . . . I can't tell you're wearing makeup at all."

Worst: Sorority sister- "C'mon! You can put on your face on in the car!" I was already wearing a lot of makeup by my standards. It was an honest mistake and she'd never actually be mean to me, but I took it more as "Your so ugly, makeup doesn't even put a dent in it."

A guy in high school "You wear just the right amount of makeup", after telling another girl she wore too much.

Several random guys have told me they love my red lipstick, which surprised me. I was walking down the street once & a guy leaned out his car window & just said "I love your lipstick color". I don't think he was gay either :lol:

My sister's friend always tells me my makeup looks great & another one of her friends asks me for advice on colors. Even my sister says I'm good at picking out makeup colors.

Yeah, my makeup is one thing I am vain about, haha. Only once has a guy told me I don't need makeup, but he was trying to be nice, not saying I wear too much. For everyday I am actually pretty simple anyway.

Best: 'Ohhh, your face looks nice and natural' 'Nice eyeshadow' :)

Worst: (Back when i was younger, and used liquid foundation)

'Wow, how much do you put?'

One of my friends who kept saying that my foundation was so thick 'Omg how much makeup do you put', 'Its not even the right colour' 'Its like yellow' 'Omg look in the mirror, its orange' 'Eeeee, what happened to your foundation'

The worst was when I was chillin in my friends basement at a party and they had a black light... and back then i worse really crappy foundation and I had dry and pimply skin... and someone was like omg ur face is cracking ... cuzz the black light made my makeup like stick out and you could see all the streaks and dry patches!! I just about died.

The best would probly be "wow your skin looks so smooth"

Best: The only sound was of a previous lovers jaw hitting the floor. Clothes soon followed.

Worst: When are you going to start reading those books you have on doing makeup?

(I love the Making Faces book. RIP Kevin) This happened when I was around 14 ish and besides, what girl isn't given a little creative leeway at that age?

So i was putting on makeup tonight (procrastinating :P have a stupid essay due tomorrow) and i was thinking about the good and bad things people have said about my makeup.

The best compliment was from a friend of mine who said "wow, you look really nice with makeup on", and the worst was from an ex gf-the conversation went something like this:

her: why are you wearing makeup?

me: because my skin is really crappy at the moment and i want to cover it up

her: well i dont know why you bother, i can still see your crappy skin underneath

I suppose i should be grateful for her honesty...albeit brutal lol

What have been the best and worst comments about your makeup?

The best for me has probably been, like many others here, 'I can't believe you're wearing make-up!"

The worst was when I was at school and a girl who was younger than me stared at my face a while, then asked me if I colored in my eyebrows (I add a little eyeshadow to them to add some body.) When I said yes, she replied with 'Oh. I can tell.'

XD Kids. Needless to say, I've been very careful with my eyebrows since.

Hmm.

Well, first with the bad news. Picture day, circa the sixth grade. I'd slapped on some concealer--if I was going to be immortalized in 600 something yearbooks, it wasn't going to red-faced and spotty. Later, out on the playground, some girl wanders up, and asks "Why do you have paint all over your face?" Ah, middle school. Where self-confidence goes to die.

But, the pièce de résistance! (Oh, first some context: My roommate is gorgeous, tiny, and looks like the quintessential Scandinavian snow-bunny archetype. Living with her, I alway feel like this big, oily mess, so that she made the comment makes it all the better.) Putting together Halloween costumes, I had asked to borrow her eyeshadow, and she chimes in with "Yeah, everybody always asks me, 'How does Jane do her makeup, she always looks so flawless!'"

I about melted.

Best: Do you really have acne? Your face looks so smooth.

Worst: You fucking face looks green! (when I was standing under a very dim street light in the night waiting for the bus)

Worst: oh, is your makeup the new wet look? (said in the early '70's... it was just my oily, messy look, as usual).

Best: you look fine... c'mon, we're going to be late!

Hoping Green Cream will rescue me, at age 55! :dance:

Worst: (and this is SO funny cause he was trying to be sweet about it) my hubby says " Wow, your face has, like, an orangey glow." I threw out that makeup pronto....

Best: (when I first started using mineral makeup) my sister said,"Your skin looks so good. You're glowing; do you have on makeup?" etc. etc.