Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Evababy

OMG what the hell did i doooooooo!!!

ok so someone told me to put a hot compress if i saw a pimple forming (I usually wouldn't stress a single pimple too much but i have a wedding on Nov 3rd) anyway i put a hot compress on my face a left it for about two minutes.... it didnt burn but it was very hot. I took it off and a few minutes later i went to look in the mirror and my face it BRITE RED!!! :redface: i mean like beet RED... I have never been diagnosed with Rosacea... I'm EXTREMELY fair skinned. Did i do some crazy permenant damamge to myself?...has anyone had this problem before and will it go away before the wedding? am i a COMPLETE and utter moron!?! wait don't answer that i actually know the answer to that one. I look like two face one side is COMPLETELY red and the other is PALE PALE PALE ......:::kicks self in ass::: :wall:

ok so someone told me to put a hot compress if i saw a pimple forming (I usually wouldn't stress a single pimple too much but i have a wedding on Nov 3rd) anyway i put a hot compress on my face a left it for about two minutes.... it didnt burn but it was very hot. I took it off and a few minutes later i went to look in the mirror and my face it BRITE RED!!! :redface: i mean like beet RED... I have never been diagnosed with Rosacea... I'm EXTREMELY fair skinned. Did i do some crazy permenant damamge to myself?...has anyone had this problem before and will it go away before the wedding? am i a COMPLETE and utter moron!?! wait don't answer that i actually know the answer to that one. I look like two face one side is COMPLETELY red and the other is PALE PALE PALE ......:::kicks self in ass::: :wall:

eh, im pretty sure it'll go, and i dont think that's rosacea, rosacea is when you have sensitive skin and anything makes it red, hot weather, of if you scratch it.

im sure it'll go in a few mins

thanx :) I didnt think i had Rosacea ...but i didn't know where else to put this post. I do know one thing though this is the LAST time i'll be experimenting with my friddgin face.

ok so update. After my MONUMENTAL mistake yesterday the redness dissapated after a few hours.... but then today when i took a shower i came out and BAM my face is beet red again... same spot as yesterday. do you guys think this is something that will reaccur everytime i take a shower now? :wall: can u like give yourself rosacea?

Eva, the added heat is making blood rush to your face.

You can slap yourself in the face, and make it turn red. Or heck, while your at it, you can have a random person on the side of the road slap you in the face a few times.

Just because your face turns red after being irritated, or near extreme heat, doesn't mean you have rosacea. I'm pretty certain, if you had a true case of it, you'd be able to tell in a sense.

Blood pressure can also come into play. My family is known for having low blood pressure.

Stand up and you have a "head rush" (blood rushes from your head, and you experience dizziness, or can even pass out), stand under warm water, or get nervous, and you experience flushing. Honestly, it's nothing huge to worry over.

Just take it easy, don't mess with your face too much, and relax ;).

The more you stress over it, the more harm it's going to cause.

Eva,

You cannot under any circumstances give yourself rosacea by putting a hot compress on your face. PERIOD.

This is the mechanism - You applied heat to your face. Your skin perceived the heat and responded to it by trying to cool down to a normal temperature. In order to do that, it brought the blood vessels toward the surface of the skin and made them get bigger in order to give off more heat and cool itself down. Guess what happens when blood vessels (which carry blood, which is red) get closer to the surface of your skin? Yep, you can see them better and your face looks - red.

Now, since you used a hot cloth instead of a warm cloth, you may have given yourself a very mild burn or irritation. When skin is injured, this is what happens - The skin needs to repair or nourish itself. Skin does this by bring beneficial substances to the area of the injury. Blood carries these substances, so the skin moves more blood into the area - more red.

It sounds to me like your compress was WAY too hot and you gave yourself a very mild thermal burn. Burns respond very negatively to heat or irritation. If your shower was any warmer than tepid or if you rubbed the area too hard, the colour probably came right back up.

Yes, you can bring a local infection "to a head", by using warmth. The warmth will bring more blood into the area and, therefore, more white blood cells will fight the good fight. The casualties create pus (not to be confused with P*U*S the punk band from the 80's) and it tries to work its way out of the skin, thereby "coming to a head."

A little advice - never, never, never put anything HOT on your face. The skin in just too delicate. It you wish to use this method, the temperature of the compress should be only slightly warmer than your skin.

I hope this explanation will give you some insight and comfort that you didn't permanently damage your face.