Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
QuaXum

Desperate guy with acne face need honest advices.

I would ask for doxycyline first though because its much cheaper then minocycline. Minocycline(Minocin) cost me $96 for 2 weeks supply when I bought it at NUH! And the bad thing is they don't carry the generic. Obviously its not a very popular drug. Doxycyline costs about $15 dollars per month. Doxycycline also works better for me then minocycline, kept me clear for 5 years.

I would ask for doxycyline first though because its much cheaper then minocycline. Minocycline(Minocin) cost me $96 for 2 weeks supply when I bought it at NUH! And the bad thing is they don't carry the generic. Obviously its not a very popular drug. Doxycyline costs about $15 dollars per month. Doxycycline also works better for me then minocycline, kept me clear for 5 years.

You can of you really want it but it depends on whether the doctor wants to give it to you or not. Most doctors probably won't until you finish the whole line of treatments available. You probably hear this lots of times but " accutane is the last resort." But there are also some doctors out there who do give out accutane quickly so its up to you on whether you can find one. Yes accutane does bring down oil levels to a huge extent. I used to have extremely oily skin and hair, now my skin is normal and my hair looks great! Not like a greaseball anymore.

Do a thorough check up on accutane before you start on it. Good luck!

You can of you really want it but it depends on whether the doctor wants to give it to you or not. Most doctors probably won't until you finish the whole line of treatments available. You probably hear this lots of times but " accutane is the last resort." But there are also some doctors out there who do give out accutane quickly so its up to you on whether you can find one. Yes accutane does bring down oil levels to a huge extent. I used to have extremely oily skin and hair, now my skin is normal and my hair looks great! Not like a greaseball anymore.

Do a thorough check up on accutane before you start on it. Good luck!

Yah they do. Its call Oratane I think. Its not the branded one Roche but the generic but should work as well also.

Liver panel, where they test your liver enzymes(ALT, AST etc) and cholesterol and lipid levels. This is because accutane is processed in the liver so they want to check whether your liver is healthy or not. One month after taking accutane will there be another blood test to check whether the liver is processing the accutane well enough or whether it is causing strain to it.

Liver panel, where they test your liver enzymes(ALT, AST etc) and cholesterol and lipid levels. This is because accutane is processed in the liver so they want to check whether your liver is healthy or not. One month after taking accutane will there be another blood test to check whether the liver is processing the accutane well enough or whether it is causing strain to it.

I'm on stiev-a aswell. Well I think I am, mines called stievamycin.it's a topical retinoid...you can look up ratings for it on this site. It is actually the best rated topical retinoid including retin-a micro, so stay optimistic and follow your doctors orders.

My face has never actually improved in the 2 or odd years I'd had acne, so i definately learned to deal with better. I have moderate acne all around my mouth, mainly inflamed spots or red marks, so it's really quite unsightly. I just don't stress over my face much anymore, and alwasy think optimistacally. Just be content with little things like, you broke out less this week, then last week. Or remind yourself of your positives.

Hello. Here's the update.

Doc prescribed me with another type of antibiotics named Contrimoxazole? Its a 480mg tab.

And then i told him that the night cream is not useful so he gave me a stronger one, Its now the same brand but of different percentage. I find it quite lame.

Told him about accutane, he handed me a pamphlet & told me to read it thru. Den he scheduled me for a blood test in a weeks time. Hope everything turns out fine. Is the antibiotic that the doc gave me useful? :think:

Not too sure about it because I didn't try it. It's one of the newer antibiotics for acne after the tetracycline group. Some people in the antibiotic forums are taking it so you might want to ask them but so far from what I have seen, many do respond well because its quite a strong antibiotic.

Then again you are only taking it for such a short period till you get accutane so its quite possible that you won't see the effects of the antibiotic.

Retinoid is actually very good you know, I like it a lot maybe not that brand la. Its possible that you might break out initially while on it and it may take about 2 months to fully see it working. After all things that are applied on your face do take longer to work then those you take internally.

Hi,

You might want to try taking Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) as a supplement. Based from my experience, it did reduce my facial oil. However, you should take it in large doses. You should take like 10 grams of Pantothenic acid everyday to make it work. Btw, I buy mine at GNC and the highest dosage they have is 500mg per capsule. I didn't follow the 10-gram dosage. I just took 3 grams per day and it worked just fine. Try searching "pantothenic acid Dr. Leung". It'll give you a more detailed explanation of how Vitamin B5 works. Hope this helps!

Hi,

You might want to try taking Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) as a supplement. Based from my experience, it did reduce my facial oil. However, you should take it in large doses. You should take like 10 grams of Pantothenic acid everyday to make it work. Btw, I buy mine at GNC and the highest dosage they have is 500mg per capsule. I didn't follow the 10-gram dosage. I just took 3 grams per day and it worked just fine. Try searching "pantothenic acid Dr. Leung". It'll give you a more detailed explanation of how Vitamin B5 works. Hope this helps!

These are my latest photos. Took them after a shower. While washing, the bumps feels itchy & pain.

The ones on my lower jaw bone seems to be the worst & most painful.

Left side lower jaw bone

Right side lower jaw bone

Still sticking to what the doc prescribed. One tablet in the morning & one tab at night. Cotrimoxazole 480mg. Stieva-A 0.025% at night only. :cry:

Have been on that for only 4 days tho. :( On the 15th will be going for my bloodtest to see if i'm suitable for tane. Hope everything goes smooth. :pray:

Those look kinda bad and very inflame, I also see quite big ones there and yeah accutane is good at this point. Hmm they look kinda painful, I suggest you try icing it to reduce the inflammation and pain. Also try not to touch them that much. I see your doctor didn't give you topical antibiotics, otherwise you can apply on it which will help greatly.