Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Le Mois

Before and After Pics: Head and Shoulders Regimen

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9546/beforepi0.jpg

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8706/afterks5.jpg

Not bad! Those few little red marks at the bottom are just stretch marks from growing too fast. I have one scar in the middle of my back that's left over, slightly red, but that's it. Clear!

Here's what I do every evening after my shower (don't shower in mornings anymore, only wash face):

Wet my back a bit

Put about one and a half tablespoons of H&S onto my hands. Use a bit of water to make it runnier

Spread all over my back. I sometimes use a bit more H&S to get good coverage.

Wait for it to dry, put my shirt on.

Sleep. :)

You'll need to play around a bit probably to figure out your tolerances, H&S can really burn if you put on too much. Once you get it worked out, you're good to go. And don't put it on your face! Way too strong. And it should work with any H&S or dandruff shampoo in general, as long as it has zinc pyrithione in it. The stuff I use is called "Classic Clean" or something. Has a blue top, white bottle. Just check active incredients. Should work. The zinc content is 2%.

Once in a while you'll find you accidentally put on a bit much or something and get some peeling. When that happens I just spot treat with BP for a day or two at most.

Hopefully this inspires some people to H&S. Works well for me.

Cheers!

Great Improvement! :)

REMEMBER: NEVER use this method on your face. Using H&S as a cleanser that you rinse of is Okay for your face, but never leave it on your face overnight. I tried this once (spot treatment) and the next morning, I had 2cm diameter circles on my face. Not pretty. They stayed for maybe 3 days and eventually peeled off. They didn't leave any scars/markings, but it was still an unpleasent experience.

Good improvement. I guess its the zinc in it that helps with the acne.

--------------------

My Regimen

Morning

- Wash face with Glytone face wash.

- Take 2 tablets of Purivol ClearComplex.

Night

- Wash face with Glytone face wash.

- Apply Green Cream

- Take 2 tablets of Purivol ClearComplex.

I'm thinking of trying this H&S. I have absolutely horrific acne on my back and shoulders. If I posted my pics some of you might die of shock.

Anyway can I mix the H&S with water and keep it in a bottle? That way I dont have to mix it everytime after I bathe. And what is your shampoo-to-water ratio?

My bacne looks pretty similar to yours. I've tried the H&S routine before but it didn't help that much and it always gave me a bunch of red bumps on my chest that would disappear after a day or two. I was pretty clear for a few months after doing a month of doxycycline during the summer but my bacne's been coming back.. still looking for a solution.

Okay I checked and I dont have any H&S at the moment, but I see that my sister has a Dove anti dandruff shampoo, with 1% of the zinc stuff. Is this okay?

and what ratio of water/shampoo should I start with? I know it differs from person to person but what should I start with?

If you have a brown spot, you just gotta wait. I haven't gotten anything that bad. You can keep it pre mixed, too, sure, in a bottle. Why me, start out weak, go stronger. I vary the dosage day by day. You'll get the hang of it. Mfoley, I do, if I use full strength. Ouch.

wow thats a big improvment. My back acne is different though (worse). I only have it on my sholders and neck but its pretty bad same with my upper chest . I used to have long hair but i cut it off several months ago.I think iam going to try the H&S thing.

how do you guys apply this to your back? lol I cant even touch the middle of my back does someone do it for you?

Plus how does it feel sticky or what when you sleep?

Never heard of this before but i'm impressed with the results! I have the same kinda bacne as your before pic. it's not TOO bad. I found H&S today in my cupboard and used it as a body wash this morning. I'm not sure if i'm just hoping it works so see a difference but I already feel like my back is softer and less marks. We'll see. I'll keep y'all posted!

well i am gonna try this. cuz today my back started to hurt for som reason.

and now it like have 3 red spots that are gonna turn into pimple i just know it !

well anyways i am gonna start tonight i will keep u guy posted :D

Ok so i bought head and shoulders a bit ago and the first time I used It I washed it off after letting it sit on my back and chest area for 3-5 min. It was fine and my skin felt incredible. The next Day I let it soak into my skin completley and left it on.. now my skin is red slightly burning and pretty rough. Did I just use too much? or should I just wash it off everytime?

Ok so i bought head and shoulders a bit ago and the first time I used It I washed it off after letting it sit on my back and chest area for 3-5 min. It was fine and my skin felt incredible. The next Day I let it soak into my skin completley and left it on.. now my skin is red slightly burning and pretty rough. Did I just use too much? or should I just wash it off everytime?