Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blue

Why some people get acne and some don't ?

This question bugs the person who gets acne and when he looks around people walking with clear skin.This happened with me too.I was searching in books,net or magazines why i get acne and my sis doesn't.lol

In modern science,acne are caused by clogged pores and blah blah blah but why on some people skin only and what is the cause ?No answer.

Then,i turned towards ancient theories like ayurveda and i got the answer.

Our body has got three doshas which should be in balanced state.

Vata, Pitta and Kapha are the names of Tridoshas. Vata(air), Pitta(bile) and Kapha (phlegm). Doshas are basically three different forms of energy. The three doshas contain two of the five elements[The five elements are Earth (Prathvi), Water (Jal), Fire (Agni or Tej), Air (Vayu) and Space (Akash) ] as any other matter in this universe. The Doshas work as a team in a natural healthy individual. Perfect balance of these three Doshas(energies) is the basis of well being. These constituents give specific properties to Doshas with each Dosha having one property particular to itself and two opposite to others. Hence the character of Doshas is influenced mainly by what is eaten as also by temperature, season, mental state etc. In most persons either one or combination of Doshas would be dominant. This defines the constitution of the person.

now,come to the point of getting acne.So,pitta is culprit for getting acne.

When pitta is more than vatta and kapha it causes acne,piles, boils, discolouration of face, jaundice, chronic fever, spleen enlargement cataract, intenstinal disorders, ailments of the womb, arthritis, haemothermia, constipation, diabetes, skin diseases, tumors, asthma cough, ailments in the head .

If one dosha is not balanced it affects other two doshas too so ultimately it affects body and mind too.

Now,what is the cure to get rid of excessive pitta and keep it in harmonious state? The answer is :1)Virechan :Purging is a purifactory treatment . It concentrates on the lower part of the gut and uses purgatives to clean the bowel. This procedure helps get rid of all three Doshas, though Pitta benefits the most.

2)Food which doesn't increase pitta like

Cool or warm but not steaming hot foods

Bitter, sweet, and astringent tastes

As far as practical use less butter and added fat. Consume food with moderately heavy textures.

Since Pittas have strong efficient digestion, they can generally eat just about everything. Most Pittas get into trouble by continued use of too much salt, overuse of sour and spicy food and overeating.

Take cool, refreshing food in summer. Reduce the consumption of salt, oil, and spices, all of which are "heating" to the body. Salads are good, so is milk and ice cream.

Avoid pickles, yogurt, sour cream, and cheese. Avoid vinegar in salad dressing; use lemon juice instead. Alcoholic and fermented foods should be avoided. Their sour Rasa aggravates Pitta. Coffee is also pitta aggravating due to the acid in coffee. Herb tea is good. Prefer mint, licorice root or other pitta pacifying tea.

Breakfast: Cold cereals, cinnamon toast, and apple tea is a good breakfast for Pitta. Avoid coffee, orange juice and doughnuts - they aggravate pitta.

The vegetarian foods are the best for pitta. Consuming red meat tend to heat the body from the fat. Consume abundant amounts of milk, grains and vegetables.

Avoid oily, hot, salty, and heavy foods such as fried food. Instead consume starchy foods such as vegetables, grains and beans. Avoid the tendency to overeat under stress.

Avoid processed and fast foods as they tend to be heavy on salt and sour tastes. Japanese and Chinese food are good choices. Avoid highly spicy food such as is found in Mexican restaurants.

3)Pitta dosha is aggravated and increased during summer..Mental and emotional peace and constructive lifestyle routines are important to restoring and maintaining balance.

So far,i have got this information.I will try to find more information and update to all of you.

Guest fatman_uk

Ummm, Air? Bile? Phlegm???

I thought those pittas were all kinds of bread.....

errr, ok, anyhow, what are u askin exactly about this? If it's an opinion i think its all superstitious soundin weirdness an i think lickin mayonnaise off a doorknob will do more good.... but that's jus my opinion. :X

An how to u measure ur pittas an bile? :?

-Gaz

i think these foods does make acne worsen. I mean lets face it vegetarians hardly have acne at all, native americans, asians, blacks, (im not discriminating anyone they have it too just what i think less than white do), prolly cause they eat the "right foods", but americans eat like mcdonalds, kfc, wendys, junk food. even though modern science cant prove lifestyle or foods causes acne i think it statisics show it. im show some of u dont agree with me anyway lol peace

I am also a believer in that foods due affect peoples acne... I am Half-Korean and in my early teens I rarely had acne, then I mainly ate "korean food" cause my mother is korean, but now I am 20, and pretty much on my own... I rely on the fattier, greasier, foods... living off of Hamburgers either by me or Micky D's... Even though I go the the gym and to the Sauna to sweat it all out of me it just gets worst... When I was in Basic Training ate Salad's only... I didn't trust any of the food they fed me.. not mamma cookin' nor was it Micky D's, lol, so I didn't care for the food... The Salad's were good though... During basic training my face was clear... Living off of water and Salads, and in the morning for breakfeast, bowl of cereal... that was just about 10 months ago I was in Basic... So I do believe diet does affect acne.. Now I am on this regimen.. It helps contains alot of it.. But I think I need to drop the minocylin.... Since I been on it my face hasn't been healing fast... Takes forever for a spot to go away... I found that zinc dietary pills does great for the spots... Zinc is pos to boost the healing on the skin... Try it, it does wonders... But if taking Minocylin wait an hour between taking the Minocylin and the Zinc.... Had Headache when I took one after the other... Weird............ :roll:

I think the Dosha story was kinda boring and was just a very boring way of saying DIET AFFECTS ACNE... pretty much yeah... Over all The whole Dosha things gets two thumbs down.... Too un believable...

isnt that ancient stuff all outdated...i read at most recent acne sites and they say that eating certain foods have nothing to do with acne.

blue i get what you're saying. i mean when you have acne you go out there and try to find out any and all explanations as to why it affects you. i've read up on deepak chopra's dosha types and while each culture has their body type theory....in the u.s. it's simply pear shape, heart shape, no shape? ha. anyhoo....maybe theres something to it to some extent maybe not. acne is very much a genetic problem. not all siblings have the same skin type though. just as each sibling develops their own seperate diseases or disorders. that's just the way the cells worked it out. vegetarians do get acne too. those who eat super healthy get it. just check out some of the posts on the board from some people who eat purely healthy diets. it doesn't matter. i think it's important for everyone to be healthy not just because of acne but for your own well being. i do think dosha types are very interesting though.

Ayurveda's concept of the Tridoshas is unique to medical science. Ayurveda says the body is made up of tissues (dhatus), waste products (malas), and doshas (loosely translated to Energetic Forces). It is the Tridoshas' job to assist with the creation of all of the various tissues of the body and to remove any unnecessary waste products from the body. It is also the Tridoshas that influence all movements, all transformations, all sensory functions, and many of the other activities in the human body and mind.

Vata dosha

The Vata dosha is the most important of the three doshas. This is for two reasons. First, if Vata becomes imbalanced for long enough and sufficiently enough, it can also cause the other two doshas (Pitta or Kapha) to become imbalanced. It can even cause both Pitta and Kapha to become imbalanced; this is called a Tridoshic imbalance and is the most difficult to overcome. Secondly, Vata is the main driver or mover of the body, including the other two doshas, all the tissues (dhatus) and all of the waste products (malas).

Vata provides the following functions:

All eliminations: fetus, semen, feces, urine, sweat, and a few others

Assists with all the various metabolisms in the body (called Agni in Ayurveda)

Controls all of the various movement of body (both physical & mental),

including such things as respiration, heart beat, motivation and contraction of muscles

Relays all sensory input from the various sense organs to the brain

Pitta dosha

The Pitta dosha is associated with fire or heat. Wherever there is transformation, there is Pitta (doing its job). Whether it is in the GI tract, liver, skin, eyes or brain doesn't matter, for these are all locations where Pitta works.

Pitta provides the following functions:

Metabolism - at all the various levels

from digestion of food to transformation of all other material

Thermogenesis - maintains the proper body temperature

Vision - converts external images into optic nerve impulses

Appetite - the feeling of hunger and thirst

Comprehension - of information into knowledge, also reasoning and judgment

Courage & Braveness - to face the situation

Complexion - gives color and softness to skin

Kapha dosha

Kapha is the heaviest of the three doshas. It provides the structures and the lubrication that the body needs. These qualities help to counterbalance Vata's movement and Pitta's metabolism. A big, heavyset football play or wrestler is a person with a predominance of Kapha.

Kapha provides the following functions:

Strength - to perform physical tasks

Moistness & Lubrication - to prevent excessive friction from occurring between the various parts of the body

Stability - to add the necessary grounding aspect to both mind and body

Mass & Structure - to provide fullness to bodily tissues

Fertility & Virility - to produce healthy offspring

If you want to find the nature of your body like if it is pitta dominated or not then click on it:

http://www.ayurvedahc.com/aytest.htm

The essence of all these boring theories is that pitta ( heat) causes acne and chinese people believe on it too.Our face is what we eat and what is our life style?

Ayurveda says that your food and daily routine affects your body and mind .

Anyway,i am gonna give it a try.I will try to eat food which will keep pitta in balanced form and try to follow the daily routine to keep pitta balanced.

I often think to myself about how many people have died as babies or died in their childhood who would never have had acne at all, and here I am with it destroying my life.

I would rather have acne and live then die...it sux but just keep lookin ahead with a positive attitude.

it's all relative though. like seeing people without limbs and thinking you have it bad cause of acne. it's just a whole seperate realm of disadvantage. it's a kind thought though.

haven't you noticed that hollywood people don't have acne.....Hollywood people have to eat healthy and stay in shape. Their whole lives basically consists of being in a healthy dreamworld. Why are hollywood stars skinny, because they eat right, (or they can be anorexic) They have flat and beautilful stomachs and healthy looking bodies. Think about it, Hollywood is flawless because they have to be, they try to be, they work at it. Most of them probably don't eat fast food. Because it is unhealthy and too many people there to begin with. (they don't want to be attacked by crazy fans ya know?) So DUH! Hollywood people don't have pimples because of the have-to-be-flawless attitude! Eat healthy and be merry! 8)

Guest fatman_uk

I don't think they eat healthy ALL the time, everybody fancies a burger now an then. An they get Personal Trainers an Private Derms for any body issues they may have, the benefits of $$$$$$$$$$$$ eh?

-Gaz

Well, not everybody in Hollywood is like that. Sure some may eat healthy and have personal trainers, and go to spas, but they suffer from acne too and have weight problems sometimes and suffer from depression and drug or drinking problems just like everybody else. The reason people think they are perfect is because people see them in movies, music videos, magazines, etc. that way. In real life you will be surprised with some celebrities appearances. Not that they are bad looking but they have their problems too and don't always look like they stepped out of a magazine cover.

In Beverly Hills you can easily run into lots of celebrities on the street or run into them at a restaurant or cofee shop. It's quite common to run into movie stars or models while doing your business around Beverly Hills. They shop, go get a cofee, eat just like everyone else. Anyway, the point is that when you see them they are not always looking at their best when they are out and about. They are not as perfect as when you see them in movies and stuff. They are just like everyone else. People always seem to have this perception that celebrities are perfect and live in a perfect world and are flawless and when people see them they are like oh my is that who I think it is. It can't be.

So don't worry. Celebrities have problems just like everyone else. It's just TV that makes them look that way. They are human and have flaws. Nobody is perfect.

Personal trainers and private dermatologists are common among celebrities I guess but a lot of people work out and have trainers so that's nothing special reserved for just celebrities. A lot of people like to stay fit and slim and look young and healthy. Who doesn't? Who says oh yeah I want to look fat, ugly, have lots of acne, and just let myself go and just be a total slob? So we all do what we can to make ourselves look better with what we have. Money helps I guess, but you really have to work your ass off to have a good lean body and have a drive and determination too. Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez they all have trainers and they have to work very hard to keep those bodies. But then again they are in the public eye all of the time they have to look the best they can for entertainment puposes.

Oh yeah. The question: "Why do some people get acne and some don't?"

Because some people are lucky and some just aren't. That's life I guess.

Unfortunately I have to work hard to keep my skin looking clear and flawless, but I just have mild acne from time to time, but to me it is a problem I deal with every day and think about a lot. But, then there are other's that just wash their face with water and don't really care much about their face and have perfectly clear skin ever day and never get acne at all. I have a friend that just washes his face in the shower with some bath soap and has never used cleansers, toners, exfoliators or anything. He has rarely had a pimple. In high school he never had acne and has just never had acne so he said he has never though about it much or given facial care much thought.

I was on Dan's regimen for the last 1-1/2 months .My acne went from cystic to moderate size by following his regimen but i was still breaking out.Then i was trying to find out the answer why i am still breaking out and i read about all that boring ayurvedic theories.So ,i thought that i will follow Dan's regimen for the outer surface and will follow ayurvedic facts for the inner side of my body.

It is difficult to follow all the facts but i swear ,it is my third day and my acne are drying faster(knock wood).

I am trying to eat good and sleeping well.It is not only the food but it is your daily routine too so i am sleeping and getting up on time .

For the interal cleaning,i am taking psyllium husk to clean my digestive system.

Blue,

Interesting theory. It makes sense. My acne was definitely mostly due to genetics as both my parents had it as well. Stress definitely exacerbated the break outs for me.