Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Godel

BP rubbing off?

So I've only been on the Regimen for a few days, but this just seems odd to me.

I'll splash my face with water a few times, or wash it in he shower, and use the Cetaphil cleanser. Then I'll wait maybe 5 or 10 minutes--it doesn't take long for my face to "dry", I can begin to feel it--and add the BP. The BP feels like a mask or something, because it's tightening. So I try not to let my face really dry out after that, and add the Cetaphil moisturizer (it's just the normal stuff). It has the usual greasy-ish look, but I realize I can just blot that if I want.

Now, you know how a dry face will begin to peel? If I touch my face, it's like it still IS peeling, but it's all not-dry, so it kind of rubs off, almost like Elmer's glue. It's all I can do not to exfoliate. Any ideas what this might be or why?

Sometimes my BP will clump up like that, if I've applied too much at once without letting it absorb properly before applying moisturizer. Try to massage it in gently and take your time. I would not exfoliate unless you can be extremely gentle with the exfoliation. Vigorous exfoliation can actually cause worsened acne.

Er...is it dead skin or not? IMO, if it's dead skin, you should try and get it off in a really gentle way, if it's at that stage where it peels if you don't moisturize. When I do is when I take my shower I use my hands just to rub my face VERY GENTLY, barely touching, to get the dead skin to come off. Works fine.