Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For my whole life acne was the only reason that made me low on confidence,shy.. but what the hell is wrong with the guys who are normal hot..Like daily in my uni i see my friends talking about classmate girls and yet they don have courage to go and talk to them ...that just pisses me off big tyme..Maybe those guys are just few losers out of 100 s but still i wonder why people act shy...its the 3rd weak of uni,and it s really anoying.

anyone knows the answer for that??

Shyness is basically a form of social anxiety & it is not based on logic. People who are shy have a fear of embarrassing themselves socially. They are afraid of other people's reaction to them. They feel inhibited until they get to know someone & feel comfortable to be themselves.

Often times, people who are naturally introverted become shy, as they are content to be alone a lot & don't seek to exercise their social skills as much, which leads to their social skills be underdeveloped, which leads to them being overly self-conscious & awkward, which in turn makes them shy.

Just because someone is good looking does mean they cannot be shy. It is mental state, and any insecurity involved is often more connected to how they feel about their personality or social skills, not how they feel about their own looks.

Generally if you smile & say hello to a shy person first they feel relieved & relaxed & are more than happy to talk to you :)

I'm reading this book, Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman, emotionally intelligent people are aware of their own emotions, have better control over them, and are more capable of empathy, they're also more confident and generally more socially succesful. so good looks doesn't mean you're emotionally intelligent. emotional intelligence can be learned though, but I haven't come to that part of the thesis yet, so more advice for you guys later. :P

Okay now that the issue has been addressed, we can now openly flame the fucking hell out of the OP for being a d00shbag.

i have decent looks and i'm shy. its just how i am. quiet/never have anything say. probably genetic...my dad doesnt say much either

Has it ever occurred to you that appearances aren't the only thing that can cause people problems? You should try to get a perspective from outside your own narrow view of the world.

For my whole life acne was the only reason that made me low on confidence,shy.. but what the hell is wrong with the guys who are normal hot..Like daily in my uni i see my friends talking about classmate girls and yet they don have courage to go and talk to them ...that just pisses me off big tyme..Maybe those guys are just few losers out of 100 s but still i wonder why people act shy...its the 3rd weak of uni,and it s really anoying.

anyone knows the answer for that??

Shyness is the cousin of Humbleness. Being shy isn't that bad of a thing because there are too many people on the opposite end of the spectrum that talk about nothing and overall the quality of their verbal communication stinks. I think it is better to talk fewer times so that when you do talk, it has meaning and importance.